Have you ever seen a celebrity at Disney World?

DisneyMama811

🇨🇦 Disney Dreamin'
A thread just for fun because I'm dying counting the hours til online booking for packages opens tomorrow!!

Have you ever seen a celebrity in the Disney parks? what about on another vacation?

the closest I've come is in 1999 as a child, James Avery (the uncle from fresh prince) was a few people ahead of us in line for Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom

Last edited:
Annie Potts was apparently on our Disney cruise back in 2003, but we never saw her.

We cruised on the SS Norway in 1983 and 1984 and back then their big deal was having Celebrity (as in name) entertainers on board along with a sports star. The entertainers would put on their show, and hang out with the passengers the rest of the week. So we cruised with Jack Jones (the guy who sings the Love Boat Theme) his dad Allan who was also an actor and singer, Norm Crosby, Shields and Yarnell, The Fifth Dimension, Moses Malone and some NFL star whose first name I can't remember, his last name was Nixon. I have a photo somewhere of me playing basketball on the ship on a team of passengers that took on the Fifth Dimension.

Besides specific celebrity events...Kevin Jonas and his wife. They were at MK celebrating their first anniversary.

I was walking into Beaches and Cream probably 10 years ago or so, and this woman walked out and I thought “Gee, she looks like Buddy Valastro’s wife. (He’s the Cake Boss.).

Anyway, I was sitting there waiting for my waitress when the same lady walks back in. And then I noticed the table she went to had Buddy and his sister, Mary. Their children were at another table and were very well behaved. I later saw Buddy at Stormalong Bay playing in the water with his kids. They all looked like they were having so much fun.

I would have liked to say hi and tell him how much I liked his show, but I didn’t want to interrupt his family time.

Quite a few over the years. The one with the biggest impact was a few years ago. Was walking through Disney Springs and saw Britney Spears on her way to do the opening of the revamped Planet Hollywood. Took a pic and posted to Twitter, not thinking much about it. Then my phone started blowing up -- ultimately to over 20,000. At first I didn't clue in as to why I was getting all of these alerts (which I turned off pretty quickly, lol). I had no idea that Britney was still as big as she was. My biggest Tweet ever to this day.

Ricki Lake at AK at the Lion King. She was selected to go up and was not kind when the performer didn’t know who she was.

Ben Savage in the mens room.

A WWE wrestler whose name is escaped me.

Dolly Parton on Eastern Airlines to Orlando (From Chicago), and later at the Magic Kingdom - I think it was around the same time of the 15th Anniversary Celebration - our family boarded the plane last due to a ticket problem and walked by her heading to our seats - and she said "Hi Darlin'"... at the park (don't think it was the same day) ... it was more of a walk-by with security/entourage

Not at WDW but at Disneyland I’ve seen Kristoff St James (from a soap opera) who invited me to ride the Matterhorn with him, Larry King with his wife and kids, Adam Sandler and friend with their daughters, and Dr Ruth.
Dr Ruth could have been an interesting conversation!

We saw celebrity chef Carla Hall with her family in MK. They had a plaid with them. I was jealous!

Mary Kate and Ashley Olson in a parade at MGM. Back when they were kid stars and DD was a fan. We had to go.

And Meredith Vieira in MK filming something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter