Have you ever had them do this when trying to book Fantasmic dessert package?

jacobsmommy

DIS Veteran
I called right when they opened this morning and the cm told me they were really backed up. She took my info and said someone would call me back within 12 to 24 hours. Has anyone else had this happen??

I had something similar happen yesterday. I was calling to book a large party at Goofy's Kitchen. I had called the two previous days to get a large party booking at two other restaurants and had no issues but yesterday they said they would have to take my information and have someone from large party dining call me back. It worked out fine though. They literally called me back 40 minutes later and had my reservation.

I called right when they opened this morning and the cm told me they were really backed up. She took my info and said someone would call me back within 12 to 24 hours. Has anyone else had this happen??

Make sure they give you the lower price, since you called before the price increase.

Remember, the dessert package is usually the cost of a one day, one park ticket.

I guess I'm just nervous that they won't call me back and then I won't be able to get fantasmic tickets! It's been four hours so far....

Make sure they give you the lower price, since you called before the price increase.

Remember, the dessert package is usually the cost of a one day, one park ticket.

T dessert package is the price of a one day admission? I thought it was like $40 and unrelated to the ticket price to get in

Yay! They called me back about an hour ago and my Fantasmic dessert package is booked! It was $60 for adults and $50 for kids.

We had a hard time getting credit cards to go through when I called to get tickets, I can't imagine the fustration for everyone today. The wait was only about 25mins, but I can see why they were busy!

I called yesterday at 8am sharp (didn't need to get up early, it was 5pm over here lol) for the Fantasmic Desert Buffet on tuesday June 19. It went really slow (partly because the Dutch street name and city, although I tried the aviation type spelling alphabet but the CM didn't understand that :confused:) and she needed my CC number twice and several minutes before it was cleared. So besides the costs for 2 adults, the 25 minute call cost me also about $45 :headache::rolleyes1.

Although I got a confirmation number, I'm still worried that the booking wasn't processed correctly especially when I read about all these problems with calling. I keep a close eye on my online CC statement to see if it will be there in the next of couple of days.

I called yesterday at 8am sharp (didn't need to get up early, it was 5pm over here lol) for the Fantasmic Desert Buffet on tuesday June 19. It went really slow (partly because the Dutch street name and city, although I tried the aviation type spelling alphabet but the CM didn't understand that :confused:) and she needed my CC number twice and several minutes before it was cleared. So besides the costs for 2 adults, the 25 minute call cost me also about $45 :headache::rolleyes1.

This gets me worried now since I will be calling long distance as well.:scared: Hope the hold up was due solely to the ticket price increase.:hourglass

If I have booked through WDTC and I am eligible to use Disney Vacation Planning, should I call them to make F! Dessert Package for me rather than calling myself or sending email reservation? I want to make sure I can book as early as possible. Will they do that for me first thing in the morning? :confused3

It is so much easier for WDW with the online booking system!!!:goodvibes

Pixie dust to everyone with their booking!:tink:

although I tried the aviation type spelling alphabet but the CM didn't understand that :confused:

You need the "Disney spelling" as my boyfriend calls it.

"A" as in Ariel (or Alice, depending on the CM), "E" as in Eeyore, "P" as in Pinocchio and so on.

I go through that every year.

You need the "Disney spelling" as my boyfriend calls it.

"A" as in Ariel (or Alice, depending on the CM), "E" as in Eeyore, "P" as in Pinocchio and so on.

I go through that every year.

Didn't thought about that one. It wasn't listed on the Wikipedia page for spelling alphabet however and I'm not that good in all the Disney characters lol.

Luckily I don't have to call any further for reservations as the rest can be done by e-mail now (already made the WoC dinner package a few weeks ago and that went a lot smoother)

good luck i hope it slows down ill be calling to add money to nurmours gift cards i have

If I have booked through WDTC and I am eligible to use Disney Vacation Planning, should I call them to make F! Dessert Package for me rather than calling myself or sending email reservation? I want to make sure I can book as early as possible. Will they do that for me first thing in the morning? :confused3

I tried to do this through WDTC and after being transferred from one CM to another, was told that I had to call myself at 8 a.m. one month out. I called twice hoping to get another CM with the know-how on this perk. Others on this board have been successful in having WDTC make their Fantasmic! Dessert reservations, but not me :sad1:

I hope you have better luck, as this is SUPPOSED to be possible.

This gets me worried now since I will be calling long distance as well.:scared: Hope the hold up was due solely to the ticket price increase.:hourglass

I tried to do this through WDTC and after being transferred from one CM to another, was told that I had to call myself at 8 a.m. one month out. I called twice hoping to get another CM with the know-how on this perk. Others on this board have been successful in having WDTC make their Fantasmic! Dessert reservations, but not me :sad1:

I hope you have better luck, as this is SUPPOSED to be possible.

Keep trying, it worked for me. I wanted the F! dessert package for one month from today, and I knew I would be swamped this morning so I called WDTC earlier in the week to ask if they would do it for me. (We have a room only res at GCH.).

I got a call at about 9:30 that we had the reservation. No problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter