Have You Ever Food-Hopped at Epcot?

cd&kids

DIS Veteran
I love Biergarten....my family is split between Mexican and Japanese.
So we were thinking of not scheduling a sit-down dinner at Epcot, but instead walking around and visiting those outdoor counters and everyone getting whatever they want whenever they want!
Has anyone out there tried that...and would you do it again?
Thanks!

We do this alot! We all have varied tastes so this allows everyone to get what they want.

We do that all the time. DH and DS are not the adventurous type so they go their way, I go mine adnd DD's get what they want. We all meet back up with our food and eat. Everyone wins.

Hehe, we tried that last time, but filled up too soon! :( Now we've decided to make sure our eyes don't get bigger than our stomachs next time - maybe choosing one item from each pavilion and sharing that amongst those who want to try it.

That's one of our favorite things to do in Epcot. First we stop at the Mexican cantina for a margarita and maybe a snack, then we work our way around and sometimes get eggrolls in China, then on to our entree German Bratwurst and then work our way over to the French pastry shop for dessert. It' kinda fun but very filling!! good thing there is so much wlalking in between courses!

My family of 4, did this in our last trip. We only ordered 2 entree from each counterservice. It was wonderful!! We are planning to do this again.
My children ages 6 & 12. They really loved this! It's hard to say what was our favorite dish was.

We have not done this yet, but have plans to do this twice when just DH and I go in Sept. Last year my DD and I intented to do this, but we didn't get very far. LOL I agree with MickeyMonstersMom that you get filled quickly, you know that saying it takes 20 min to feel full? Well, DD and I started by splitting nacho chesse fries on the BW, then we each got a beavertail in Canada and we were done! Guess we should have split the tail! I think it's a great way to try things, it's quicker than sit down and you get to "eat your way around the world".

Yes, that's much more fun.

You get to people watch, and you get to try different things.

Dh & I will do that on April 19th and 20th!!! Can't wait.....

Karen

I live and breath priority seating, but we'll be doing this in July. I told my fiance we'd be spontaneous, but I lost all credibility when he found my typed eating itinerary, complete with suggested start time, names of counter service places in WS, and suggested menu items. We've never done counter service before, so I wanted to be prepared...;)

Isn't that why they have the FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL!!!!

We give the kids a walkie- talkie leave them in Future World,
Take out a wad of cash and eat and drink our way around the world. If you haven't been there when they are holding the Food and Wine Festival, You really have to try it. If you think there is lots of food now, Imagine booths set up all around the World Showcase with samples from every country. My favorite of course was always POLAND, (I am Polish) so had Pierogi and Keilbasa and DH had Polish Beer. Everything was always good and we just rolled ourselves from world to world tasting it all. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

smiles Patty

We do this a lot..hubby and I, get something in one country..share it, move on and get something from the next.

We did this last trip. However, my ds, then 7, had eyes bigger that his stomach and ended up getting sick...right in France during the Illuminations show. UGH...not a pretty sight!

This time we will be a little more careful with what he eats (LOL) but we still plan on eating counter service in Epcot!

This is absolutely our favorite thing to do when we got to WDW. We love to try all the difference kinds of foods from the different countries. It's so yummy!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter