Have you ever experienced anything neg at WDW?

Tony-NJ said:
yes once unfortunately. Though once out of all the time we've spent there is no big deal. It was Dec 98 and we were excited about trying Citricos before MVMCP - we had a horrible waitress who just couldn't understand why we had the gaul to be seen in public :earseek: We're not ugly or anything... Anyway we had the worst service ever in all the years we've gone to WDW. Fortunately it didn't really bother us enough to affect our trip, but we never went back to Citricos.

How VERY unusual that you should have this kind of experience at Citrico's, as the majority of the serving staff are gay! :grouphug:

How VERY unusual that you should have this kind of experience at Citrico's, as the majority of the serving staff are gay!

Ya know - after all the time we spend there. this is the only time something like this ever happened, so it's not a big deal. We'll probably even try Citricos again some day :)

TLPL said:
hey guess what! I found the courage to order my future husband a dozen Roses from Disney Florist, to be delivered to our room on the day we'll check in. Does anyone know if they will put the flowers in the room or wait till we get our room number? oh so exciting!! Two weeks till the wedding and 16 days till honeymoon!!

Good for you!!! They will wait until you check-in for delivery; before that they couldn't be sure where you would be.

Picture it - Gay Day 2004, my friend and I boarded a MK bus at Port Orleans. We were standing near the back door facing forward and there was a big family taking up most of the back of the bus. We had the 'official' 2004 Gay Day shirts on and when she read the back of mine, one Mom said 'Oh my god! Out of 365 days in the year we picked this one to go to MK.' I tensed up and thought 'I am standing right here, don't you think I can hear you?' and 'what kind of nasty stuff is she going to say next?' She went on to say God sent them here today for a reason, keep an open mind, and maybe they will learn something. Either way they would have fun and enjoy the experience. :thumbsup2 Way to go Mom!

Tony-NJ said:
yes once unfortunately. Though once out of all the time we've spent there is no big deal. It was Dec 98 and we were excited about trying Citricos before MVMCP - we had a horrible waitress who just couldn't understand why we had the gaul to be seen in public :earseek: We're not ugly or anything... Anyway we had the worst service ever in all the years we've gone to WDW. Fortunately it didn't really bother us enough to affect our trip, but we never went back to Citricos.

How unusual, as most of the serving staff ARE gay!! :grouphug:

I have a great story! Back in 1999 wmy wife and I got married, (not legally then - but we are now! :love: ) and spent a few days in Disney World before going on a Disney Cruise honeymoon. The world was not yet as open as it is today so we didn't really advertise our relationship - nor did we go to great lengths to hide it either. One day we rented Mouse Boats at the Polynesian. The girl who filled out the forms noticed our matching nails and complemented them as we went out. Then when we returned she said with a grin "Were you in a wedding?" We kind of looked at each other and said yes. Then she said "Was it YOUR wedding??" Again we said Yes! She tore up the rental agreements and said have a great honeymoon! How cool was that? Whenever we travel anywhere we always ask for a king bed and have never had any issues. Be your self and have fun!

Great story!

This thread made me do a double-take, since RickinNYC parted ways with the DIS a long while back :rotfl:

I have a great story! Back in 1999 wmy wife and I got married, (not legally then - but we are now! :love: ) and spent a few days in Disney World before going on a Disney Cruise honeymoon. The world was not yet as open as it is today so we didn't really advertise our relationship - nor did we go to great lengths to hide it either. One day we rented Mouse Boats at the Polynesian. The girl who filled out the forms noticed our matching nails and complemented them as we went out. Then when we returned she said with a grin "Were you in a wedding?" We kind of looked at each other and said yes. Then she said "Was it YOUR wedding??" Again we said Yes! She tore up the rental agreements and said have a great honeymoon! How cool was that? Whenever we travel anywhere we always ask for a king bed and have never had any issues. Be your self and have fun!

That is so excellent!

Hi again Ellen! Looking forward to telling you and your spouse about the experiences we've had with our daughter and her partner at WDW and on DCL when we meet for the Cars 2 NE DIS meet. :wizard:

My daughter and her gf go almost every summer and have never had any issues....In fact next summer we are all going for a trip for my son who is going off to the Marines and they will be bringing my grandtwins which my DIL (her gf) is 4 months pregnant with as we speak..I am so happy...They are happy...We are all happy...It's all rainbows and happiness at our house lol

My daughter and her gf go almost every summer and have never had any issues....In fact next summer we are all going for a trip for my son who is going off to the Marines and they will be bringing my grandtwins which my DIL (her gf) is 4 months pregnant with as we speak..I am so happy...They are happy...We are all happy...It's all rainbows and happiness at our house lol

Grandchildren are wonderful!!!

At WDW I've never had any problems with guests or CMs. However, at Disneyland I have had numerous negative encounters with park guests. It's amazing how conservative California really is! :confused:

At WDW I've never had any problems with guests or CMs. However, at Disneyland I have had numerous negative encounters with park guests. It's amazing how conservative California really is! :confused:

I grew up in Orange County. It is one of the most conservative parts of California surprisingly. To this day, it surprises me how close minded the people there can be. Were your negative encounters with these park guests recently? I'm glad my gf and I didn't have any negative experiences at DL last summer after hearing what some people have said, but maybe I just was too busy having fun to pay attention to anyone else? :confused:

Oh no, I hate to hear this.
Citraco is hands down one of my favorite restaurants on property.
And my wife and I have never had a problem there - and we've celebrated two anniversaries there! They even made us special menus with bother our names on them... when we pointed out that while the names were correct the gender usage was herteronormative (we were teasing the waitress, and she knew we weren't angry), she took it back and they had it changed on the spot.

If you don't want to go because you don't want to go - then don't go.
But please don't let one unfortunate human interaction keep you away from a wonderful establishment.

Congrats BTW - may this be the beginning of your greatest adventure ever!

hey guess what! I found the courage to order my future husband a dozen Roses from Disney Florist, to be delivered to our room on the day we'll check in. Does anyone know if they will put the flowers in the room or wait till we get our room number? oh so exciting!! Two weeks till the wedding and 16 days till honeymoon!!

I grew up in Orange County. It is one of the most conservative parts of California surprisingly. To this day, it surprises me how close minded the people there can be. Were your negative encounters with these park guests recently? I'm glad my gf and I didn't have any negative experiences at DL last summer after hearing what some people have said, but maybe I just was too busy having fun to pay attention to anyone else? :confused:

You would think with so many diverse cultures found in California, the people would be a little more excepting and open-minded. Yes, this was recently. I've had many times while holding hands with my boyfriend (at the time), parents start glaring and hiding their children's eyes. I've had a father tell his kid that I was a f-a-g-g-o-t that was gonna burn in hell. Today, I wear a rainbow Mickey pin (part of my pin collection) on my lanyard and occasionally get a few glares from people and teenagers yelling f-a-g-g-o-t as they walk pass me. One time I actually turned around and started yelling at this guy, calling him a coward and told him to "say that to my face!" He was in complete shock that I stood up for myself and walked away very fast.

You would think with so many diverse cultures found in California, the people would be a little more excepting and open-minded. Yes, this was recently. I've had many times while holding hands with my boyfriend (at the time), parents start glaring and hiding their children's eyes. I've had a father tell his kid that I was a f-a-g-g-o-t that was gonna burn in hell. Today, I wear a rainbow Mickey pin (part of my pin collection) on my lanyard and occasionally get a few glares from people and teenagers yelling f-a-g-g-o-t as they walk pass me. One time I actually turned around and started yelling at this guy, calling him a coward and told him to "say that to my face!" He was in complete shock that I stood up for myself and walked away very fast.

That is just completely awful and unacceptable. I'm sorry to hear you've had multiple bad experiences there. This makes me really reconsider going back to DL anytime soon. While I tend to deal with behaviors like that better and try not to take people's ignorance and stupidity personally, my gf would crumble if someone did that to her while at DL. It is supposed to be a happy place.

Wow I could never imagine this happening at WDW. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter