Have we made the right Decision?

jimd1768

Veteran
We are owners at BLT. Whilst in WDW this summer we spoke to DVC representatives about Aulani. We were very impressed and made the decision to head there in 2012.
We are travelling from the UK and flight prices are really expensive. We got cold feet waiting to book Aulani as they haven't had a full summer of guests yet. We decided to book our home resort for July/August.

My only concern was how busy it would be at that time. I didn't want to go and be disappointed.

All the reviews I have read of Aulani so far have been fantastic.

How busy do you think it will be in late July early August. I don't know if I have made the right decision. It is now getting close to the 7 month point for changing my mind. What would you do?

Thank you

Aulani is opening in phases and won't be complete until 2014 if memory serves. My suspicion is that the crowds will only increase over time.

But even when complete, Aulani is comparable in size to the larger Disney resorts. Aulani will have about 500 villas and 300 hotel rooms.

Contemporary (plus BLT) has 300 villas and 1000 hotel rooms. BoardWalk has about 400 villas and 400 hotel rooms. Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo) has about 150 villas and 1200 hotel rooms.

Long, expensive flights are certainly a reason to alter your plans. But personally I wouldn't worry too much about overcrowding.

BLT will certainly be crowded in July/August since that's when most folks travel.

I think you need to make a choice and be happy with it. Choosing between BLT and Aulani - I don't think you'll make a wrong one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter