Have to book FP before Galaxy's Edge opens, but go after.

mkb3

DIS Veteran
I have never been so stressed out about upcoming FP selection as I am now. We book FP a month before Galaxy's Edge opens, but go a month after it opens. I have no clue how to schedule anything. ha.

With the new tiers it really eliminates most of the decisions. Just pick which ride in the first tier you really want, and then I'd book Star Tours and whatever show you have interest in seeing as the other two.

I’m going opening weekend (my FP day is a week from today).

My strategy is to rope drop the first EEMH. We’ll stay as long as we need to for Galaxy Edge. Then a well deserved nap and hop to a different park in the evening, with FP booked there.

We will return to DHS the following late afternoon, with FP booked for RnRc etc. We’ll stay through close, either in SWL if there’s no virtual queue in place or in TSL.

My dilema is more for the other parks and how the crowds will be there. Normally I would follow a crowd calendar and go from there, but now I do not think they will be close to accurate. We will tour Galaxy's Edge, but have no real desire to ride Smugglers Run

I would book your FPs the way you normally would.
At this point, nobody knows how WDW will handle guests getting into SWGE.
I have the same issue as we book FPs for October in August before SWGE opens. However, i am hoping that by then, they will have released how they will handle crowd control and entry to SWGE before we book our FPs.

My dilema is more for the other parks and how the crowds will be there. Normally I would follow a crowd calendar and go from there, but now I do not think they will be close to accurate. We will tour Galaxy's Edge, but have no real desire to ride Smugglers Run
I'm just expecting the crowds to be heavier than usual at all parks (overflow and they came for WGE, but will do the other parks) and hope that I am wrong.

If it were me I would do as I normally would. Schedule FPs from 9am on, put AK and HS at the end of the trip for better Slinky and FoP chances, etc

We're in the same boat. I'd skip HS entirely if not for TSL and DS's obsession with SDD. We're not planning to spend time in SWGE, but since we have no idea how the crowds will be, I'm just going to plan as usual and hope for the best. I am excited for all the EEMH though, because my kids are early risers and will need mid-day breaks, so we'll miss out on less park time.

We're in a similar boat! We book our FP a few days after GE opens, on the 2nd day of EEMH. We'll arrive on the last day of EEMH, though too late in the day to take advantage of early hours. I have a feeling we'll be booking FPs before they announce whether they're extending EEMH, returning to normal EMH, extending for only some days and some parks, etc. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but the idea of making major scheduling decisions with so little official info is nerve wracking!

I have to book fast passes next week and at this point I don't know when/how/if I'll get into GE or how long it will take. I don't know what time of day to book fast my fast passes for.

I would vote to get FPs for DHS for late afternoon. Then if you don't get in to GE at park opening you won't be worried about getting in later and missing your other FPs..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter