Have schools closed nationwide or are some still open?

California and our school district is closed officially until April 13 but with the state on stay at home orders "until further notice" who knows how long they really will be. Governor has stated to be prepared for schools to NOT open this school year.
Sacramento. The largest district here just sent texts closed until May 1.

Sacramento. The largest district here just sent texts closed until May 1.
The school district next to our went to May 1st last week. Haven't seen anything about our local school district.

The JC that my daughter is taking classes has gone to online for all classes.

According to USA Today:

Liberty University pushes back against NYT report on coronavirus on campus
Last week, despite college campuses closing all over the country, Liberty University in Virginia welcomed almost 2,000 back to campus amid the nation's coronavirus outbreak. The decision by university president Jerry Falwell Jr. brought criticism from both campus and the surrounding community.

Then, Sunday afternoon, The New York Times published a story that claimed multiple students were experiencing coronavirus symptoms. But the university pushed back, labeling the report "false." Falwell was more blunt on Twitter: "Prime example of why you never believe anything @nytimes says about @LibertyU. Complete liars.”

– Lindsay Schnell

Here in Rhode Island schools are closed for the 3rd week and in an hour the governor will announce a new date schools are closed for, but every student in RI grades 1-12 have been given a laptop from each school and are having on line classes Monday's - Friday's. So if there is no school for the rest of this school year each student in state will have a full year of school. It's going great.

For those that are closed, are your kids getting some kind of online support?

In Ontario, we are closed with no end date (as someone already noted). My son in high school has no online courses yet, but one of his teachers indicated that something is coming in the next couple weeks. My daughter is in grade 5 and her teacher has given a few assignments online (existing online classroom communication).
Our school board as well is reaching out to see who needs technology support so I believe they are working on how to support going forward online (both for my high school and elementary school kids)

Here in Rhode Island schools are closed for the 3rd week and in an hour the governor will announce a new date schools are closed for, but every student in RI grades 1-12 have been given a laptop from each school and are having on line classes Monday's - Friday's. So if there is no school for the rest of this school year each student in state will have a full year of school. It's going great.

RI Governor just announced no school for entire month of April. In home classes will be the course.

I doubt anyone is going physically back this school year... ours started online learning today and think that will be what they do the rest of the year.

I’m a first grade teacher. I zoom with my class twice a week which is basically chaos- haha! I’m going to start doing once a week whole class and once a week smaller groups so I can really chat with the kids and hopefully it’s less glitchy. Ive been sending assignments through Google classroom, but they aren’t required. Its probably 75-90 min of work a day. My kids are in a different district in 2nd and 3rd, but it’s similar.

We are starting formal remote learning tomorrow. We are using google classroom, and this is to continue indefinitely

MA just extended to May 4 but I doubt that will happen at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter