Have any Italy ABDs happened since 2020?

I have been abandoned by ABD and it was awful. I posted about it at the time and I won't go into intricate details again. I asked the local Adventure Guide for help but I was told that his job was over when the trip ended; I called ABD in the US and they reiterated what the Adventure Guide said, despite me basically begging for help. The AmEx platinum concierge team, who only booked airfare for our trip from HK to Shanghai, were the ones to help me. Mind you the next day (after tips were opened it seems) the local Adventure Guide texted me to see if he could help (on his time), but at that point I had been up all night and had made alternate arrangements. I seriously hope that ABD has changed since this time. I did talk to a manager at HO and they gave me a monetary discount towards an already booked vacation, which seemed okay at the time (but I did have to jump through many hoops to speak to a manager). Just thinking about how awful it was still brings back some of the fear I felt at the time, not knowing where we'd spend the night if I couldn't make alternate flight arrangements out of HK (hotel was fully booked as were most of the hotels with a typhoon heading bearing down on HK). Has ABD changed? Based on the above posts it seems that they haven't. I don't have any trips with them (I have taken 8) and don't have any plans to book any. For now I am happy to make my own plans that I can cancel at any time without penalty.

I have been abandoned by ABD and it was awful. I posted about it at the time and I won't go into intricate details again. I asked the local Adventure Guide for help but I was told that his job was over when the trip ended; I called ABD in the US and they reiterated what the Adventure Guide said, despite me basically begging for help. The AmEx platinum concierge team, who only booked airfare for our trip from HK to Shanghai, were the ones to help me. Mind you the next day (after tips were opened it seems) the local Adventure Guide texted me to see if he could help (on his time), but at that point I had been up all night and had made alternate arrangements. I seriously hope that ABD has changed since this time. I did talk to a manager at HO and they gave me a monetary discount towards an already booked vacation, which seemed okay at the time (but I did have to jump through many hoops to speak to a manager). Just thinking about how awful it was still brings back some of the fear I felt at the time, not knowing where we'd spend the night if I couldn't make alternate flight arrangements out of HK (hotel was fully booked as were most of the hotels with a typhoon heading bearing down on HK). Has ABD changed? Based on the above posts it seems that they haven't. I don't have any trips with them (I have taken 8) and don't have any plans to book any. For now I am happy to make my own plans that I can cancel at any time without penalty.

Wow. I am so sorry. Can I ask what year this happened?

ABD just cancelled the rest of April’s trips. Plus I just noticed how much they raised the price. Were we betting on how long ABD stays in business? 🙃
I'm assuming you mean the rest of Italy's April trips, as there are still a few April trips scheduled for other destinations.

Sayhello

Hi NYLibrarian,

I saw in your post that you are planning for a June 2022 Italy ABD tour and wanted to reach out to connect and see if we are booked on the same trip. My husband, daughter and I will be (hopefully/fingers-crossed) on the June 3 Italy tour (Rome, Florence, Venice). :)
Our trip leaves on June 29th…hopefully. Have a great time!

We just got an email that our Italy trip, planned for 8/9 to 8/16, has been cancelled. It's already listed as "not available for booking" on the website, and honestly I'm not super surprised. It was the cheapest of all the August trips and I assumed enrollment was low.

We're hopefully changing to the 8/12 to 8/19 trip, and will be fine if that works out. And maybe this is in a strange way a GOOD sign, that they are really trying to make the summer trips happen?

Saw on a Facebook group that the 5/3 trip officially stated today. Someone posted their pictures of the colosseum tour!
I see Dusty is one of the guides. He was the guide on that same trip several years ago when Val & I did our first non-US ABD. Really, really nice guy and excellent guide. Also, the step-on guide Christina is the same one we had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter