Haunted Mansion Holiday question?

Drew Perri

Mouseketeer
I know the ride has been converted already for the nightmare before xmas overlay.
Ive seen videos of the ride during halloween time and during xmas and I know outside que stuff gets changed out.

Do they close the ride after halloween to make the xmas changes or are those minor enough that they get them done over night?

My trip is Oct 26th to the 5th of Nov and I didn't consider if we would lose the ride for part of our trip.

The holiday overlay for HM is already finished and will stay as is until the end of Holiday Time (1/06/19). HMH should be up for your entire trip -- enjoy! The theme for this overlay is "when two holidays (Halloween and Christmas) collide," so there is no need to shut the ride to install Christmas decorations -- they're already in there! Ride it many, many times so that you and your-by-then-fiancee (!) can see all the little details (and there are a lot!) inside the mansion. :)
Heads up, though, that IASW will be down for your dates for that holiday overlay to be installed. Hope that won't be a problem. If you'll be doing MHP, the IASW building facade should still be used for projections during fireworks.

Last edited:
Do you know when IASW reopens? I have seen both Nov. 7 & 9 mentioned.

The holiday overlay for HM is already finished and will stay as is until the end of Holiday Time (1/06/19). HMH should be up for your entire trip -- enjoy! The theme for this overlay is "when two holidays (Halloween and Christmas) collide," so there is no need to shut the ride to install Christmas decorations -- they're already in there! Ride it many, many times so that you and your-by-then-fiancee (!) can see all the little details (and there are a lot!) inside the mansion. :)
Heads up, though, that IASW will be down for your dates for that holiday overlay to be installed. Hope that won't be a problem. If you'll be doing MHP, the IASW building facade should still be used for projections during fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter