Has Waitlist Process Improved

RebelScum

Mouseketeer
Hello - I have used the waitlist many times. . . However, it has been years since I have done so. The last few times I did, the waitlist was unsuccessful, but I was able to find exactly what I had waitlisted by stalking the online booking tool. At the time it lead me to believe that DVC IT only ran the waitlist requests vs current availability episodically/infrequently during the day instead of continuously or at least very frequently. This happened several times. It has been years since I have needed to rely on a waitlist. Does anyone know if this process has improved, or should I still be stalking in addition?

I always stalk. Waitlist have to be processed by a CM once a match is made and there is no way to know that. The system doesn’t tell you,

So, I have had a waitlist matched and the room held but didn’t know it, Only found out when I was able to book it via stalking and then when I canceled my waitlist a room showed up again.

I still waitlist - and I have had one or two night waitlists come through, several times.

However, usually checking very frequently via the online booking tool has yielded results even though the same nights were waitlisted and not yet matched...

How does the saying go... "Trust, but verify"... In the case of trying to book unavailable DVC nights, it's:

"Waitlist, but stalk!"

I’ve waitlisted successfully but doing one day at a time (bcv studio in June). Stalking might work but I’m too busy… if your dates are a day or two, it’s likely to be more successful

Still stalk too, but have been more successful than in the past. I only waitlist single nights. Often the hardest to get rooms. Bwv standard studio or HHI studio. Still hoping for a HHI studio for July one night over a weekend (highest price). Both Friday and Saturday— 2 waitlist. Don't care which one, just need a room for the drive home.

Hello - I have used the waitlist many times. . . However, it has been years since I have done so. The last few times I did, the waitlist was unsuccessful, but I was able to find exactly what I had waitlisted by stalking the online booking tool. At the time it lead me to believe that DVC IT only ran the waitlist requests vs current availability episodically/infrequently during the day instead of continuously or at least very frequently. This happened several times. It has been years since I have needed to rely on a waitlist. Does anyone know if this process has improved, or should I still be stalking in addition?
We just had a 3 night stay at AK go through with a waitlist, for May 2023. I know it isn’t the hardest room to get but I’ve also been stalking and never saw the dates open. I would i suggest waitlisting and continued stalking. While doing so, I found 3 days at BC open up. So now we have a split stay! Good luck, friend!

Last year I used a both stalking and waitlist to stitch together a reservation over Thanksgiving. I will say that I checked regularly for the final dates/rooms we needed and saw none, but within the hour after my last look MS called to say the waitlist for those exact rooms came through.

For us since 2010 out of 10 Waitlists, Waitlist wins 7/10 times! I never try to stitch a reservation, but I do stalk. 1/10 times for Stalking. 2/10 times didn't get our request but vacation was still great. I have #11 Waitlist in the queue right now and am pretty confident it will come through as its in Sept. Good luck, it's all part of the game. Now off to stalk as I have my morning coffee.

Got the extra night I wanted for May by just checking once a day. It was about the 5 1/2 month mark when I found it. Wasn't really sure enough to put in a waitlist, but when I saw it available, I booked it.

I put a waitlist in last week for a one night studio at AKL for April. I stalked pretty much every hour. The other day, I was away from the computer making dinner. Check my email after and got the email my waitlist was matched. (I also contacted DVC right away to merge it with an existing reservation, they said it would take 10 days but it took 24 hours)

I wonder if I purposely try to get the hardest waitlists. I booked what I can live with and still try to get the tough ones. After MM was announced I had to add a day to my daughters one night reservation. She has a standard studio Bwv for 7/12. (Heading out on cruise 7/13). So grabbed a BW view studio for 7/11. Waitlisted for standard studio. She will have to move, but I was happy to even get her into BW 7/11 night. It is one night, so increases my chances, it’s also MM night, so decreases my chances. 6 months away. We’ll see.

plus my waitlist. We had Bwv pool view for 3 nights, so was covered when MM was announced, but like to stop at HHI on Sunday night for a break, so waitlisted that one night in a studio. Negatives: only 21 studios, summer, lower points than weekend, ongoing refurb. Positives: only 1 night, 6 months away

so this will be an interesting test. Will I get one, both, or none. Either way, it will work out. Just really like a challenge.

Waitlist just matched a one night AKL Value for April! We already had two nights in a value and one night in a standard and while it is a point savings, I'm just glad we don't need to switch rooms!

We put a 7 night waitlist in at Riviera on Sunday night (I know, no chance). We did not give it a chance to be processed but were playing around with our summer stay the next day so deactivated the waitlist. When we searched after that for availability all 7 nights were there. The waitlist had obviously pulled the room from inventory and it would have been processed by a CM at some point. We just beat them to it.

I agree with PP, continue to stalk. We have had a mixed experience. About half the time, our wait list hits, and half the time stalking gets what we want.

I got three waitlist for a single night each at BCV in June. Two came through quickly, the third one took a couple of weeks. Of course single nights are easier than longer periods. So, considering one only has 2 waitlist at a time, I would suggest a mixed approach of stalking and waitlisting.

Got my second waitlist filled this year. First one was filled in January for a May trip - gave up BWV 1BR for a PVB studio to save points for a 2024 family trip. The second one was filled today for September before the Member Cruise - switched from CCV 1BR to BRV studio. In both instances, I got a cancellation email (waitlist was set to replace an existing reservation) before I got the confirmation email. Even though filling the waitlist has to happen in this order (cancel then rebook), I would panic less if Disney changed the wording to “Congratulations, your waitlist has been filled and xxx reservation has been cancelled”. Instead, I have to cross my fingers (for 45 min) and hope it’s not a Disney IT glitch!🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Attachments

• E480FAE4-42DF-448D-915C-A4F895FD2072.jpeg
    E480FAE4-42DF-448D-915C-A4F895FD2072.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 7
Got my second waitlist filled this year. First one was filled in January for a May trip - gave up BWV 1BR for a PVB studio to save points for a 2024 family trip. The second one was filled today for September before the Member Cruise - switched from CCV 1BR to BRV studio. In both instances, I got a cancellation email (waitlist was set to replace an existing reservation) before I got the confirmation email. Even though filling the waitlist has to happen in this order (cancel then rebook), I would panic less if Disney changed the wording to “Congratulations, your waitlist has been filled and xxx reservation has been cancelled”. Instead, I have to cross my fingers (for 45 min) and hope it’s not a Disney IT glitch!🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
I got the same email for a waitlist but also when I had two nights merged. What a freak out.

I got my waitlist last week for a standard studio Bwv for a moonlight night in July. Yes, that cancellation notice always gets your heart racing. I had a second night with same guest, but no merge for us. I have another one night waitlist for a night a HH for the unplanned drive to WDW in July for a cruise.

Since I had my full days booked already, My waitlists were for multiple days - 4 nights for May and 2 nights for September - so no merge required.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter