Has Spring Break Started?

marikoj

Earning My Ears
How have the crowds been? We're headed down the 28th and I see on Touring Plans the days are about an 8 or 9 out of 10 for crowds. I also saw old posts from last year about this time of year with 45 minute waits at the East side bag check for early entry. I guess I'm just getting nervous for how crowded CROWDED will really be... We'll do maxpass and I'm definitely going to try and rally my troops for DL MM on Thursday the 29th and rope drop DCA Friday even though it's their EMH. Just how big will my patient pants have to be??

This previous Sunday all of the parking lots were 100% full, if that gives you any idea. Plan for massive crowds, get there at least an hour before park opening to get through security, and utilize the MaxPass to bypass what lines you can.

Started last week and will continue through Easter. I was there Mon-Fri last week and found the crowds lighter than they’ve been on my previous trips the last couple years. Crowds got bigger around lunch so we’d leave the parks for the afternoon and come back around dinner. We utilized EMH and would stay at the parks close to closing time. Hours were full, 8am to midnight for DL, so this was awesome. Also, nights cleared out more so than they would have otherwise because there was light rain on a couple evenings.

MP helps SO MUCH. Remember as soon as you scan the ticket to enter the park, even if the park isn’t open yet, you can pull your first MP!

Easter falls much earlier this year, so end of march is even worse. The 28-30 will be very busy. MaxPass will make a big difference but the afternoons/early evenings will still be literally packed. With the long hours I would consider an afternoon break and coming back later if your crew will do that. I would avoid the west side of Disneyland in the evenings unless you are seeing Fantasmic that night. That area can get scary crowded.

PHXscuba

Spring break has definitely started but i do think most are out beginning next week.

My AZ school districts (me and kids- different districts) were out last week. I had a ton of students go to DLR. So, yes, they have started.

I Was in the parks for a bit today. Afternoon was considerably more crowded. But we hate crowds and it wasn’t that bad! We have a maxpass between the 3 of us. And I got 2 physical fp (at 4 pm) on the other 2 tickets for one ride at 7 pm. We also used one DAS this am.

It’s 10 pm and there are still maxpasses available on some rides.

Maybe I am being optimistic but wait time in the morning have been pretty good the last two days. I monitored FP return times yesterday morning until a family might take a break and found reasonable times. The bold section is the time of day and below that is FP return opening window you could get at that time. A family using MP and rope dropping could get a lot done. It seems like waits in the first 2 hrs are very good before it picks up but with MP and plan to do less popular things in the afternoon and evening i feel pretty good about it. Orange County Spring Break is this week for what that is worth. Some AP block outs are starting up as well around now.

upload_2018-3-21_12-32-15.png

Maybe I am being optimistic but wait time in the morning have been pretty good the last two days. I monitored FP return times yesterday morning until a family might take a break and found reasonable times. The bold section is the time of day and below that is FP return opening window you could get at that time. A family using MP and rope dropping could get a lot done. It seems like waits in the first 2 hrs are very good before it picks up but with MP and plan to do less popular things in the afternoon and evening i feel pretty good about it. Orange County Spring Break is this week for what that is worth. Some AP block outs are starting up as well around now.

Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one who tracked this kinda stuff! :earboy2:

I was at DL today with a friend and our toddlers (3, 2.5 and 1) and it was considerably less crowded than Wednesday last week. We arrived at 9am and left at 4pm and went on nine rides (Pirates, HM, Winnie the Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Carousel, Storybook Land Canal Boats, IASW, Roger Rabbit, Buzz Light Year) plus rode the train and did the egg hunt. We could have done even more rides if we really wanted to. Great day, nice weather other than a freak rain shower around 1:00pm for less than an hour.

I was at DL today with a friend and our toddlers (3, 2.5 and 1) and it was considerably less crowded than Wednesday last week. We arrived at 9am and left at 4pm and went on nine rides (Pirates, HM, Winnie the Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Carousel, Storybook Land Canal Boats, IASW, Roger Rabbit, Buzz Light Year) plus rode the train and did the egg hunt. We could have done even more rides if we really wanted to. Great day, nice weather other than a freak rain shower around 1:00pm for less than an hour.
I wish we could have met. Lol

I was there’s in November over a year ago. It feels equal or less busy than that!

Spring break has definitely started but i do think most are out beginning next week.
Do you know when it ends? ::MinnieMo We’ll be down there in two weeks and I’d love a day at DLR (either April 9 or 10) but we’ve never gone during a peak time and the idea of high crowd levels are freaking me out a little. Thoughts?

Peak Spring Break is usually the two weeks before and two weeks after Easter. It sounds like you'll hit the tail end, so crowds should be tapering off a bit and not too crazy. If you can be there at opening and use MP or regular FP to your advantage, you'll still be able to get a lot done.

Last edited:
Do you know when it ends? ::MinnieMo We’ll be down there in two weeks and I’d love a day at DLR (either April 9 or 10) but we’ve never gone during a peak time and the idea of high crowd levels are freaking me out a little. Thoughts?
Our Spring break starts on the 9th(k-12) Most colleges though i think start next week. I think the crowds will grow with in the next week or two. But honestly it seems like Disneyland is always crowded. I say plan your days out use max pass and just enjoy being there because choosing days with less crowds is getting harder and harder. We went during Xmas/new years and it was PACKED. But we still got on all the rides we wanted to thanks to max pass. Even if your plan does not go accordingly you should still plan out something. While we got to ride all the rides we wanted to with with no wait or less than 20 min wait there were others who just show up with no plan and then were complaining they only got on less than 5 rides.

Get up early,use mp, make dining reservations. You will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter