has anyone used multiple gift cards to pay dues?

philbrody

Mouseketeer
waiting for the 2020 to post and have 1k points. I see a spot to include 1 gift card but curious how to use multiple

DH paid using multiple gift cards in the past, he called DVC to do it to ensure it went though with no issues.

I think they are limited to two payment methods in one transaction, and gift cards top out at $1000 each, so if your dues are over $2000, you have to do it over a couple of separate transactions. Not a big deal to do, though.

consolidate cards to a max of $1,000 per card.
I do the same, I consolidate my cards throughout the year. I use the same 3 cards and just bring the value up to $1,000 each. Once there is a balance, I just make 3 separate $1,000 payments. It only take about 30 seconds to make the payment, so I do not call in.

We use a lot of gift cards of varying amounts. We also use our Disney visa rewards card. Our dues are over $3000. I have been paying all year and just accumulating a credit balance. $500 gift card here, $100 gift card there. You get the idea lol. To date this year I have put in about 5 different gift cards to get a credit balance of around $2000. No problem. It is not like when you buy annual passes where they only let you use one gift card.

We use a lot of gift cards of varying amounts. We also use our Disney visa rewards card. Our dues are over $3000. I have been paying all year and just accumulating a credit balance. $500 gift card here, $100 gift card there. You get the idea lol. To date this year I have put in about 5 different gift cards to get a credit balance of around $2000. No problem. It is not like when you buy annual passes where they only let you use one gift card.
Just how high are your dues? If your kids are in private h.s. or SUNY colleges pay the tuition on your cc. Lots of points you could earn. Congrats

Just how high are your dues? If your kids are in private h.s. or SUNY colleges pay the tuition on your cc. Lots of points you could earn. Congrats
I think it’s about $3300. I wish our kids went to private school but unfortunately no. Good idea though! We usually buy gift cards at Kroger and get gas discounts (end up with $1 off every gallon so pretty good), plus we buy the gift cards with Disney visa and get 2% in Disney rewards.

target = 5%
I have seen people mention that. How does that work? Is that with their bank card? We used to get Disney gift cards at sams when they gave a 5% discount but they lowered it to 2% or 3% about 5 or so years ago. Plus sams doesn’t count as a grocery charge on Disney visa, so we would get 1% rewards instead of 2%.

I have seen people mention that. How does that work? Is that with their bank card? We used to get Disney gift cards at sams when they gave a 5% discount but they lowered it to 2% or 3% about 5 or so years ago. Plus sams doesn’t count as a grocery charge on Disney visa, so we would get 1% rewards instead of 2%.
It's with their Red Card, which either is a branded Debit Card (withdraws from your bank account) or you can apply for a branded Credit Card.

I've read of even better deals, combining the purchase of the GF at a discount with credit card rewards.
Unfortunately nothing like this is available for us international owners. However last September I was able to buy the F&W special Minnie Chef GF which came with a $10 digital bonus to spen in certain restaurants for each $100 GF purchased. I was able to pay the balance on my account for this year and pre-pay a bit of next year dues and get enough digital bonus for 3 free meals. A 10% cashback (sort of) isn't too bad.

I do it with their red card as a branded credit card. It is also nice because they do e-mail delivery of the gift card (takes a few hours) so you can literally do it while waiting on line at the park or whatever - then use it on your phone (obviously, in this case it is not for annual dues but purchases at the parks)

I do it with their red card as a branded credit card. It is also nice because they do e-mail delivery of the gift card (takes a few hours) so you can literally do it while waiting on line at the park or whatever - then use it on your phone (obviously, in this case it is not for annual dues but purchases at the parks)
Wow, that’s cool.

It was all my red card savings that enabled me to pay for all the churros last time I was on Monster's Inc Laugh Floor

What I've done the last 3 years is buy Disney Gift Cards at my grocery store when they offer double fuel perks, typically right before thanksgiving. I use my Southwest credit card, so I get 1800 points plus I get about $7.20 off gas, which gives me almost 3 free tanks.

One trick - my dues are about $1800. So when you pay online, you first say you want to pay 1000 and put the 1000 card in. Then do the other one for the remainder. If you try to put the total amount in, it errors.

I’ve been paying dues monthly using GC and usually have to apply two GC to each contract because they don’t come in the needed amount. I just have to go through the process of entering GC number twice for each contract.

I have been getting an occasional 5%, regular 10% cash back at supermarkets, gas stations and restaurants, recently got the max of $150 on a 15% and currently have an unbelievable 20% (I thought I was seeing things) back until December on two cards! I will max out both, buying gift cards to use to pay dues. Free $$ and a nice way to budget dues over the year by stashing those gift cards...any leftover goes to trips.
pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!