Has anyone tried to change fingerprint hand?

buckeyeguy1

Mouseketeer
The first time I scanned my fingerprint (years ago), I used my left hand for some weird reason. Now that I have a puck for my watch, I would like to change my scanning finger to my right hand.

Has anyone ever tried to have this changed? Would you go to Guest Services in the park for this?

The first time I scanned my fingerprint (years ago), I used my left hand for some weird reason. Now that I have a puck for my watch, I would like to change my scanning finger to my right hand.

Has anyone ever tried to have this changed? Would you go to Guest Services in the park for this?

Unless you are still using that original ticket from "years ago" (as in a non-expiring ticket with remaining assets...)
You don't need to do anything at all except use a different finger when you get to the first gate.

Your "years ago" finger scan is not connected to YOU, but is only connected to
that original ticket from years ago.

Every time that you buy a new ticket, the first time that you use it
that ticket gets a new finger-scan connected to it.

The biometric finger scan is only per ticket.
If you have a new ticket then you can choose a new finger.
Once that finger is chosen you have to finish using the ticket using that finger.
I have always used my right middle finger because it seems to work the best. On the occasion that it doesn't work a CM always questions why I'm using that finger. Duh because its the one I always use which means it should work.

Even while a ticket is active they can change it.

Last year, my then 3 year old daughter wanted to scan her own finger for park entry, but was napping later in the trip when we arrived at a tap-stile. A manger came over, and changed the fingerprint linked to her ticket to my finger, and I scanned in for her during the remainder of the trip.

Guest Relations can reset the fingerprint associated with a ticket. For some reason, the system stopped recognizing one of my son's fingerprint. When we visited GR, they simply reset the fingerprint associated with his ticket. The system prompted him to scan his finger the next time he used his ticket (it was as if he was using his ticket for the first time).

They had to reset mine last trip because I cut myself and had to bandage that finger halfway through the trip. Does take a few minutes, but got the job done.

The supervisors at the tapstyles should be able to assist with this. We've had to switch our daughters finger swipe from my wife's finger to mine when my wife stayed back at the hotel, and they took care of it right there in no time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!