• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone tried the Le Cellier cheese soup recipe?

Bbgrizzle

<font color=green>Tangled with the TF & survived <
I've had the Le Cellier cheese soup recipe for about a year now and never tried it. Has anyone else made it yet? Did it taste the same?

I just got the recipe last weekend but I haven't tried it yet, that might be a goal for this week... I could definitely go for some right now...

I make this quite often, especially when we are missing WDW. Last time was two weeks ago! The recipe is easy to prepare and makes quite a bit, so we usually invite friends to share in a bit of "Canada."

Now, if only we could make those breadsticks... ::yes::

Elin

I didn't do that good of a job making it. It just tasted like burnt bacon. I think that I will just stick to Le Cellier!

Thanks Margie J. I took the first one and I think I will try it. I don't drink alcohol of any kind even if it is cooked in something so the first version will do. I am looking forward to trying it and I know my ds will love it as well.
tigercat

The newest Disney Magazine has the recipe.

We got the recipe from our server at LeCellier last year and have made it once. It was good, but not as good as theirs. I think that 's usually the way it goes when you try to recreate a restaurant recipe. The version we received calls for Moosehead beer, which is omitted in the Disney Mag recipe.

The version I have, from the Food & Wine Festival calls for the Canadian Moosehead Ale, when I was at the grocery store the other day they had Canadian Moosehead Lager but not Ale, does anyone know if it's the same thing? I'm about clueless when it comes to alcoholic beverages. Also, the Canadian Black Diamond White Cheddar Cheese? Has anyone actually found that in their grocery store? The one I was at didn't even have white cheddar at all. I know I can find White Cheddar at a different one but I'd like to use the ingredients they call for if at all possible since that should guarantee the closest taste to what they make at the restaurant. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. :)

Well, I finally made it tonight and it came out fabulous! It tastes exactly the same as theirs to me. I used the recipe from the F&W Festival and used the exact ingredients that they called for (moosehead beer, canadian white cheddar, etc.) and I am very pleased. My family who has very different taste in food than I do even liked it. Hurray! :)

I made it and decided that Le Cellier was better. I confess I didn't use the Black Diamond cheddar, I used a good quality white cheddar but I guess the brand is more important then I thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter