Has anyone tried on the adult Minnie costume from DS.com?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I bought a sleeveless red sundress with white polka dots to wear to MNSSHP, along with Minnie ears & gloves. Now (of course after the free shipping is over) I am thinking about actually buying the Disney Direct costume. I think it will cost about 27 after all the discounts (which I actually had to order more stuff to get). I am wondering if I should get the XL, as I wear a 12/14. I know some of Disney's stuff runs really big, and some runs really small. I just don't want to look more dorky since I got the wrong size... My questions are- should I get this costume, is it really nice, and what size should I get. And, while I'm on the subject, how do the Mickey icon polos run? I was thinking of getting the XL there as well.
TIA!

I have one. Sounds like we are about the same size and the large is fine on me... I think the XL would be too big....

I like the costume, but the rear is not the most flattering thing I have put on. However, what do you expect Minnie just looks better in red then I do... (What are you doing for shoes???)

so I'll probably just wear my (gasp!) regular sandals....although I do have a strappy orange pair I may pull out of the closet to try on with it. I am 5 ft 6 inches, with no rear (all of my size 14 is in the belly, 3 kids later). I really dislike baby doll type short dresses...this isn't going to be realllly short, is it? Are you going to do the tights, or go au natural? ::MinnieMo

:teeth: I just ordered the Minnie costume as well (I got the ears, gloves and shoes as well) I ordered a L as I currently wear a 14 but I really hope to be a 10 by then. Any of the clothing I have ordered from them has run big. I'll just have my MIL take it in if it is too big.

Hopefully, it will be here in a few days and I'll let you know what it is like when I get it. :flower:

I received my minnie costume from disney direct yesterday and I can say that I thought that it was ugly. It was not as cute as shown in the catalog and was made pretty cheaply. I have ordered costumes from them in the past and they were made much better. Needless to say I am happy that they had free shipping when I ordered it. It is getting returned to the disney store in a few weeks.

all the discounts. I had everything I wanted in my cart last night, but wanted to wait until this AM to change costume to L and order. I just noticed the post about no more stacking, and tested this in DH's account for which I had a cart full, along with the discounts. As soon as I changed something, all the other discounts disappeared. I was not able to get them back. So, I went ahead and ordered the XL that was sitting in my cart. I would hate for this to be monstrously big on me. My MIL can probably take it in a bit if necessary, but I hope I can just leave it as is.

I have one and found it to be run a little big. Of course I bought mine 2 years ago. I bought a small and I think I could get away with an extra small.

I really didn't think it was that ugly, but maybe it's just me.

I am actually going to paint cheap tennis shoes yellow.

I am wearing black tights... (Legs look slimmer in black!!)

I did not find the quality to be any worse then those kiddie costumes they sell so I got what I expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter