Has anyone taken a carriage ride at FW?

leighe

<font color=teal>Are we there yet?<br><font color=
I was considering taking DH on a carriage ride after our 7:15 Hoop Dee Do seating. Has anybody ever done this? Is it something that should be done while it's still light out (we're going March 25-April 3)? I imagine that it will be dark by the time we get out. Any advice or suggestions?

My DH and our two DDs took a carriage ride after the HDDR on Thanksgiving 2003. It was fun, but it was dark and we couldn't see a thing. Our kids really enjoyed it.

It was dark and made for a romantic ride!! It goes through a closed road so it's you, the clip-clop of hooves and the squeek of the carriage. Our driver was Linda and Scotty did all the work!!! I highly recommend it!!! :teeth:

How far in advance do you need to reserve?

Private carriage rides - Cost $30/half-hour. Call (407) 824-2832 to reserve (reservations suggested, not required). Depart from Crockett's Tavern at Pioneer Hall between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. nightly. There are two carriages available; one accommodates four adults and two children, the other accommodates two adults and two children.

Hope this helps!!!
:teeth:

Last December, we took the "Sleigh" ride from Fort Wilderness Lodge. It's a real sleigh, but with tires. Probably the same drivers and horses as the carriage ride.

It was very dark, and cold that night but they did supply a blanket.

As we pulled back to the Lodge, the fireworks from MK were going off right in front of us. That was kinda neat!

We did this last year and our horse developed quite the attitude. He bucked and kicked the carriage... lifted the whole front of it off the ground and tipped it backward.. kinda scary... but with the way the driver was slapping at him I couldn't blame him.

We enjoyed it a lot until this happened. I am sure was just a fluke thing though and I think we would do it again sometime.

We enjoyed our sleigh ride tremendously. It was a thrill for our DDs to bundle under the blankets and quilts (this was mid-Dec). It was very dark and we couldn't see a thing. We've also taken the hay ride from FW. I enjoyed this more because the route the wagon took was through the various loops in FW, so we could see how some folks decorated their campers and camp sites..and this was in Sept. Both are lots of fun.
Jeannine

If you happen to be there in October, I highly recommend the Haunted Hay Ride (sans hay, which those of us with allergies really appreciate!). We had a great driver, and the ride was a highlight of our trip... it was just spooky enough to delight my 9 yo ds, but not scare the daylights out of him.

:wave2:

Dh and I took the "Sleigh" ride in Dec. and it was really, really nice. It went from WL into the woods (I think near FWL) and back. It was about 10:30 at night (We were running late :rolleyes: ) and it was pitch black out, all you hear is the clicking of the horse's hooves and his "jingle" bells. The "driver"...(I wish I remembered her name, she was so nice!) gave us quilts and took our picture before we started the ride.

It was great! We really enjoyed it.:teeth: :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter