• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone stayed at the Raddison Universal?

princessjoy

Earning My Ears
We are staying at the Raddison which is right at the gate to Universal Studios (thats what the website says anyways). We got the hotel through Priceline. Has anyone stayed there or does anyone know how close it really is to the parks??? Any info would be great!!!
:bounce: ~~Joy~~:bounce:

I stayed at the Radisson Universal last week. Checked out 1 week ago today in fact.

I give it a thumbs up! If you go to www.biddingfortravel.com and scroll down to the Hotel Review sections; click on Florida Hotels; there you can find several reports on the Radisson Universal that go into detail.

Hope this helps.

We are booked to stay there for a week next April. I have read many good recommendations on it, and for the price, it really can't be beat, espescially if you got it through Priceline. I read that some people walked to the park, across the street, but most report taking their rental car, or the free shuttle (that also stops at a couple of different hotels)I'm looking forward to trying it out. Of course I booked it right through Radisson for $89 a night with a Universal View supposedly, because I'm too chicken to use Priceline. I'm going to keep trying to get the HRH for $117 since it's not too much higher than the $89. I'm off to read the reports on the above link as well.

when will you be staying there? Any chance of you letting me know your opinion when you get back if you are going before next April?

BTW, did I read somewhere that there is a Pizza Hut express and a TCBY in this hotel or am I crazy? Their site doesn't mention this.

I'ld be happy to send you a report on the hotel when I get back. I don't get back until the 16th, so I'll be getting back to you towards the end of September. Hopefully it will be a nice hotel! :)

Have you watched the video on the hotels website??? If not, you've got to watch it. I just did and you can see what looks like TCBY (Yum! All of them closed up here in the NW...I used to love their yogurt).

Click here for the Hotel Web site Theres the link to the hotels site....then click on the video. You get to see the rooms, even the suites (I with my $40 a night on priceline had gotten me one of those)! They also have what looks like a pretty large gym and the pool and hot tub look very nice as well. I'm starting to get excited!!!

Would it be easier to send you an e-mail when I get back, or just post to this forum?? Let me know!

:pinkbounc ~~Joy~~:pinkbounc

Saw the video and thanks for the link! Could you email me and let me know exactly how you bid on Priceline, and how you ended up with this rate? Also, you could email me when you get back, or post here, whichever is easiest for you! Thanks!

luvtohangout@home.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter