Has anyone stayed at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas?

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
Well, October seems such a long way off so I'm trying to persuade dh that we should go somewhere this summer. I've seen pictures in the Virgin brochure and it appears to be a themed resort similar to those in Vegas, but I'd be interested in any first-hand information.

Hi Deb - I'm with JJ. Keep looking at this hotel. DD and I would love to stay there, especially with their own shark pool and acquarium.

I read somewhere (might've been on the www.virgin.net/travel/resortfinder site) about the best side to stay on . . . will keep thinking in case it matters to you - apparently there are good sides and even better sides, especially if you want a beach room:rolleyes:

Everything really, newcruiser. Is it as great as it looks? Which is the best part to stay? I know the Royal Towers is the new bit, but is it any better? Which bit did you stay in? Did you book direct? Did you get any discount on the rates?

We were there on a company sponsored trip. Breakfast was included. We only had to pay for food and extras. Wifeand I still spent about $700 over 4 days. That included wife going to spa for massage. Lunch buffet was around $30. Our room was in the Royal Towers overlooking the docked cruise ships. Another member of our party overlooked the pools, Mayan ruins and the Dig( awesome aquarium with Atlantis legend theme). If I were going to spend the money to go again, I would stay in the Royal towers again overlooking the pools/Dig. When we were there, the staff was very strict about coming and going without wristbands or room keys. I saw one man and daughter try to go into dig without either and were turned away little one in tears. Everything there is massive and ornate. You will appreciate the resort's attention to detail and theme. Regis Philbin and Kelly were taping their show for two days when we were there. Had a blast watching the celebrities. Kelly, Gelman and families were across the hall from our room. Must see's--- water slide/float through plexiglass tube surrounded by an array of sharks, The Dig ( great aquarium centerpiece of resort ), sitting by pool with a frozen "Miami Vice" looking back at Royal Towers framed by the blue Bahama sky. When we were leaving Prince of Saudi Arabria was arriving at the resort. That alone speaks volumes about type of resort we are talking about. We were there 4 days and didn't cover it all. Let me know if I can help anymore.

Newcruiser....wow! Sounds fantastic.

I've had my eye on this resort for a while as well Deb.Were you thinking of a 2 centre with Orlando?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter