Has anyone stayed at Driftwood Worldgate Kissimmee?

Ishy

DIS Veteran
My dad and step mom called me up, and asked me if I would consider using their timeshare week before it expired, so I gave them a few names of place along gulf blvd in St.Pete (I have family down there and a gulf shores vacation sounded REALLY GOOD with the cold I have for end of June).

So then they call me, they have the timeshare people on the phone, nothing for west coast, awesome resort in Kissimee - its Disney so I say - wow, I thought the Disney properties were impossible to get thru RCI. - go ahead.

Then I find out after they they book its the Driftwood Worldgate in Kissimmee. Can't seem to find much about it anywhere. What I can see is that it looks okay... can figure out what kitchenette means... is there an oven and stove?

I am a Disney Resort junkie. I think I will keep this a non-disney trip, do universal (aches me not to stay onsite here too) to save money.... we have not been to Universal in 5 years now, and we talk about doing space center and universal but never leave disney property when we stay onsite! And we can spend a two days running trips out the St.Pete and Sarasota to visit family.

So I just want to feel better about the 'driftwood' - is it a good home base? will I hate it? Will my 15 year old find it boring? Does it have a stove? or just microwaves and dishwashers?

Thanks,

This is the timeshare portion of the Radisson Worldgate..pretty yucky I am sorry to say :sad2:

don't know.

It was the Holiday Inn on Black lake road. This is not a new timeshare - it is a made over hotel.

the location is great for WDW. - for US/IOA found going thru Disney property to take I4 is generally shorter and less traffic.

looked at it - because it allows pets - but so far only seem studios available.

So is this also part of the Days Inn that I thought used to be the Holiday Inn on Black Lake Rd? I thought the HI changed over to a Days Inn. I should have driven by in December to see, as the Days Inn sometimes shows up on Priceline or Hotwire for ~$28 or so.

So anyway, what I'm understanding is that the old HI is now a resort, or at least part of it? That would be amazingly close to Animal Kingdom if so. That is a great location!

So is this also part of the Days Inn that I thought used to be the Holiday Inn on Black Lake Rd? I thought the HI changed over to a Days Inn. I should have driven by in December to see, as the Days Inn sometimes shows up on Priceline or Hotwire for ~$28 or so.

So anyway, what I'm understanding is that the old HI is now a resort, or at least part of it? That would be amazingly close to Animal Kingdom if so. That is a great location!

And it suppose to have Animal Kingdom in the background. It looks okay, I am seriously thinking we will not do Disney this trip. Just Universal, Kennedy Space Center, Gulf Beach, and Family visits.

Ohwell the price is right. $150 is what my dad said to Xfer it into my name for the week.

To me, just having a clean place to sleep, a pool, washer/dryer, nice bathroom and kitchen is great--especially for the price you're paying. You can't beat that, and for the location, you're only 5 minutes to Animal Kingdom or even a quick trip to AKL just to walk around and tour the place. If this place has recently had refurbishment work done, I don't see any problems with it.

This is defintely the timeshare portion of Radisson Worldgate (if they are still a Radisson) It has a 2 star rating on RCI out of 5. It has gotten really bad reviews in both the timeshare and hotel portion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter