Has anyone stayed at Disney Hilton Head?

Check out the HHI adoration thread in this forum. It has alot of information. Also, feel free to post any questions you have in the thread.

I have a thread somewhere by Laurabearz. I will try to find it and bump it to the top, so look for it. It has tons of tips about the resort and also about restaurants. We drive, so we always bring a small battery operated lantern for the porch for the evenings. We love to sit out an play cards and eat our supper on the porch at the picnic table. We all rent bikes( you can do that right there by the pool) and ride them all over the island, even to the beach house, which only takes about 20 or so minutes. HHI is very laid back. There is a basketball court(small) but it is fun to bring a ball, and it is fun to play horseshoes.:)

Thanks I will look for your info. We are going June 14th. Can't wait. We have a DS age 8 and DD age 6. We will be driving from NJ. We are sure that we can make it in one trip but think we might stop on the way down just so we don't spend the 1st day sleeping.
Thanks for the help.:cool1:

Thanks I will look for your info. We are going June 14th. Can't wait. We have a DS age 8 and DD age 6. We will be driving from NJ. We are sure that we can make it in one trip but think we might stop on the way down just so we don't spend the 1st day sleeping.

Welcome to the DIS!!! Here are a few threads to get you rolling...

HHI Adoration & Information Thread 2009

And a oldie but a goodie...

Hilton Head lovers.....

Tuesdays on Hilton Head

DH and I make the trip to HHI resort annually and find that it is about a 12 hr drive from central jersey - Long Branch/Ocean Twnsp area. That includes a stop for gas in MD and then lunch and another fueling stop just into NC. Since we are retired and have all the time in the world to get where we are going, we stop and spend the nite in Florence, SC [exit 157 Days Inn - about $45/nite includes taxes - McDonalds right next door and and add'l restaurants down the road]. Leaves us about a 3 hr drive the next morning which includes our annual breakfast at Shoneys in Manning, SC.

I have read that some families make the drive straight to HHI and stay the nite on the island or just off-island, have a good breakfast and head for an early check-in at the resort. Sleeping close to the resort lets ya sleep in a bit longer than staying somewhere on I95 - if ya aren't too excited to sleep!

Have a great vacation - we love the resort!

WOW very thankful for all of the help. I did not know about Tuesday's activities. Sounds great we will be there from Sun- Fri so we will be able to attend the picnic. We have heard good and not so good things about DHH. We heard that we should go now before our kids are to old because there is not much to do, but it sounds like there is enough that will keep us busy. We are doing this trip so we can relax. No schedules:worship:

Thanks again
Your right Jersey Girls Don't pump gas!!! :woohoo:

We have kids 8 & 4 and will be driving down from DE the week after you. It will be our third summer in a row, we love it there!!!

Anyway just wanted to tell you what we do as far as driving as we are also about 12 hours away. We leave early in the am and drive all the way to HHI and arrive around dinner time but check into the Hampton Inn on the island for that first night. The next day we check into the resort in the morning. Now we know our room won't be ready, but as soon as you check in you have access to the beach house and resort pools. So we head on over to the beach for the morning and relax, eat lunch at Signals and usually by early afternoon our villa is ready!!!! We feel we gain a whole day of beach time by doing that!!!!

On the way home we do something similiar in reverse. We check-out and then head over to the beach for our last morning. After lunch we shower and change at the beach house and start driving home. We drive till about the top of North Carolina and then stop for the night and the next day do the rest of the drive. Can you tell we just love HHI's beach!!!!

We live near HH so go there 3 or 4 times a year. Dining - it is hard to find a bad restaurant - my fav is Marley's Island Grill on Greenwood Dr - Kingfisher at the entrance of resort is good - Old Oyster Factory is very good on busy nights - HH Diner is very good breakfast/lunch, a couple of blocks from resort - Goods-to-go at the pool has good coffee.

Unique shopping try the Bargain Box - it is an unusual thrift store that has some interesting things sometimes, only open on Mondays and Saturdays (I think).

DVC beach area is nice, uncrowded (we rarely go in summer). The theme buffets are fun.

Walking the property and cove area in the morning is refreshing (I usually walk near dawn).

HH Island is not, IMHO, especially good for children, more adult stuff, golf, tennis, but HH resort does have good children's activities.

I love HH. It is my getaway place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter