Has Anyone Shippped Items to WDW Resort??

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
I always see great deals for disney items on ebay but once you add the shipping fee to Canada (plus duty I assume) it's not such a great deal. Last year I found this great deal on a princess dress up trunk for my dd's and had it shipped to my husband's cousin in Ohio (they brought it up when they visited) which only cost around $7.00 US. We are not seeing them this year but I was wondering if I saw some good deals this time if I could have those items shipped to my resort (POP). It is my dd's b-day it would be great to buy her birthday gifts from Disney online and have them shipped. Can this be done? Any info would be appreciated thanks.

event.png

[/url

Disney Wonder / Vero Beach March '06
POFQ Aug' 05
Plus numerous trips to Disneyland 1972-1992

Yes, you can do this. We did it twice this year, once on our Disney trip and once on our Michigan trip. I just made sure the order went in about 2 weeks ahead of time, used the address of the hotel and in the name field put name and "arriving xx/xx/2006" so the front desk knows when you're arriving. At Disney, they will hold your package in the luggage room and put a note on the computer for when you check in, then bell services will deliver it up to your room. Even better, because your billing address is in Canada, you don't get charged any taxes either!!

Enjoy shopping!!

connorsmom911 said:
Yes, you can do this. We did it twice this year, once on our Disney trip and once on our Michigan trip. I just made sure the order went in about 2 weeks ahead of time, used the address of the hotel and in the name field put name and "arriving xx/xx/2006" so the front desk knows when you're arriving. At Disney, they will hold your package in the luggage room and put a note on the computer for when you check in, then bell services will deliver it up to your room. Even better, because your billing address is in Canada, you don't get charged any taxes either!!

Enjoy shopping!!
Has anyone else done this? I am just worried that the shipment would not make it in time for my departure. Has this happened to anyone?

I did it on our last trip. I bought a stroller on ebay and instead of having it shipped to Canada from the States for crazy dollars, we shipped it to the hotel. We asked the shipper to send it to the hotel and gave hime our name, the hotels address and the dates we were staying. We were told they would hold it a week in advance of our stay. Unfortunately Fedex sent the package to a completely different State but because it was their error they had it sent express and it was still waiting for us when we arrived. I was a little stressed with the mix up but it still arrived in time and they brought it right up to our room. Now thats service!!

Gina

I did it back in 2004 when I realized at the airport that I had left my digital camera battery and charger at home and wouldn't have enough time to have someone go and get it and bring it to me. So I ordered from a US camera site using one of the Internet terminals at Pearson and it arrived for me the next day. I had it shipped by some super express service though because I didn't want to risk my one battery running out of juice :) I just let the front desk at AKL know that I was expecting a package. There was no charge or anything.

I did it too on our trip in May. I was ordering a book from a shipper who doesn't do Canada. I think he sent it about a week in advance. 22 days should be plenty of time, though with ebay you want to make sure the seller is planning on responding quickly...

Good luck!

With disneyshopping.com, just order about 2 weeks before your arrival date. That way it will get there before you arrive and they will hold it for you. I called down the day before our trip to the hotel to check that it had arrived so that if there was a problem I could start troubleshooting from home and still have enough time for it to arrive while we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter