Has anyone sailed Majesty of the Seas?

NCjenn

Mouseketeer
I've sailed the Enchantment for a 4 night out of PC and am wondering how the Majesty compares. Has anyone sailed it since it started sailing from PC a couple of months ago? I know they added a splash play area for kids. Looking for some feedback.
Thanks!

Interested in hearing more about the ship as my DD 20 and I are sailing this on August 15th!

I have sailed both. Both ships definitely show their age, but I felt the Majesty felt older (as expected since its 5 years older).

Both ships are sufficient for a quick weekend get-away though!

We sailed on the Majesty earlier this month, but haven't been on the Enchantment so I really can't compare the two. It was a small ship, but we liked it. We had two connecting OV for our family of 4. While they were certainly the smallest cabins we have experienced, two with the door open between was very comfortable. The food and entertainment were fine, but nothing remarkable, except Chef's table. I highly recommend the Chef's table to anyone who enjoys food and/or wine. It was one of the most enjoyable dining experiences we have ever had, on land or sea.

Otherwise, it was a very low-key, relaxing sailing. Stage shows were all about the 70's. Live music was good, though key venues were not conducive to sitting and enjoying more than a few minutes. Almost all staff was excellent, with our cabin steward being the most noticeable exception. The kids splash area is small, and the 'water slide' they added is less than a deck tall (my 8 yo only went once, then said it was for babies). Pool was insanely crowded, but everything else felt comfortable in terms of the size of the ship and the number of passengers. The limited food hours were inconvenient. Buffet only open 6:30-9. Deli supposed to be open until 6, but always closed early (before 5:15 one day). We prefer cruises with 24 hr ice cream and late night snacks, but at least pizza was always fresh.

Compared to our previous 16 (ish?) cruises, there was nothing spectacular, but was a nice relaxing getaway and no one wanted to get off at the end of our 4 night sailing.

Thanks posting this thread! We went on the Enchantment, too. We loved it! I'm just worried this ship may just be too small. My children will be 2 &6 at the time of travel. I hate to spend the extra $2k to go on dcl.

I've sailed the Enchantment for a 4 night out of PC and am wondering how the Majesty compares. Has anyone sailed it since it started sailing from PC a couple of months ago? I know they added a splash play area for kids. Looking for some feedback.
Thanks!
The first cruise I ever took was on the Majesty back in the 90's. You will notice a big difference between that ship and modern ones. Even the ratios of rooms is drastically different than today. There are very few balcony's and far more inside cabins than modern ships. The layout isn't too bad. You can get to most places from the promenade.

It's certainly a small ship by modern standards, but that's not always a bad thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter