Has anyone rented their points???

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
Just wondering if anyone has rented out their points before???
If so have you had trouble renting??

I have some points left from thisyear and wondering if it is worth renting them out????

I have rented points before but it's not always easy. It seems that lately more and more members are renting. The good news is that you have a high post count which will help you when it comes to people having more faith in you. I stopped renting points a few years ago because it became too much of a hassle. I just plan in advance and bank what I don't use now.

HBC

Happy Birthday Cat said:
I have rented points before but it's not always easy. It seems that lately more and more members are renting. The good news is that you have a high post count which will help you when it comes to people having more faith in you. I stopped renting points a few years ago because it became too much of a hassle. I just plan in advance and bank what I don't use now.

HBC

Thanks for the information. My DH wanted to try and rent them.. But I was worried that we would not be able to rent them.. Thanks,....

A lot depends on your use year. For instance we have a February year. That means if I was trying to rent, the reservation would have to be before Jan 31st. That SEEMS like plenty of time, but it's really not. From about the first of October thru the first week in January, DVC books up quite full with waiting lists. Starting with the Food & Wine Fest, moving to Thanksgiving Week, followed by the early weeks in December (THE most popular time for DVC reservations), then the Christmas holidays, ending with the Marathon, DVC rooms book early and completely. So, renting points the last quarter of the year can be a huge hassle. You may have points, but if there are no rooms available it doesn't do you any good.

Most of the successful rentals that time of year are of already confirmed reservations that the member wasn't able to use for one reason or another. Even then, it's a hassle to coordinate renters with the exact days of the reservation as it can't be changed.

I have rented my extra points several times, using my February use year, but I always begin in the spring for the fall season, and at that time of year it's easy. If you want to rent now for winter, well, I don't know about that. You do need to rent early in your use year, though, and don't be afraid to say no. When people wanted my points 11 months in advance(or more) I said yes in the beginning. That's too long to wait for most of your money, though. Now I know to post in my ad on the rent/trade board that I am renting points for use within the next 7 months only. If people want my points further ahead than that, I make sure to collect the money owed by 7 months, so that my part is done, and I have the cash to use. I like to have the money ahead of time for dues in January, and after-Christmas sales!! :teeth:

I'd bank them if you can. We see a lot of frustration by owners trying to rent for the first time here.

There is a lot more risk involved with renting than many owners realize. The risk is not that someone will rip you off -- but that you'll shoot yourself in the foot.

Renting is doable, but if you only have a few points left you may have to borrow to complete a ressie...and that's a capital offense with renting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter