Has anyone renegotiated their cable bill lately?

I'm in the process of switching away from cable. I subbed to DirectTVNow - the bulk of what I watch is CNN and MSNBC and those channels are on the $35 tier. There are higher price tiers, too.

I gave up trying to get my spectrum bill down. They won't budge.

What is direct tv now? How do you get it and how much are you paying?

I did call Direct tv last night and went straight to retention. Had a really nice chat with a guy that extended to life
travel pets etc. By the end of the call he had knocked 30 dollars off each month for the year. I was definitely pleased
with that as we didn't have to give up anything.

I will see how it works out budget wise the rest of the year.

We have Spectrum here with average speed internet and a slightly deluxe cable channel selection, but no high end stuff like Showtime or HBO.
The last 12 months we were paying 132 total with a 20 buck per month promo. That just expired so I called them today. They won't continue the same promo but will now give me 10 bucks off for 12 months. So my 15 minutes on the phone netted me 120 dollars in savings. I'm not saying it was a killer price or anything like that............but if I had not done anything my bill would have gone up 240 a year. I was at least able to get a smaller increase.

edit: we pay for 3 cable boxes but we own our internet modem

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter