Has anyone recently eaten at Tony's in MK?

captaindavidhook

<font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co
For the record I have never eaten there at all. I have been debating eating here for many years. I know it used to get poor reviews but lately with a new chef people have said the food has turned pretty good. Can anyone confirm this and I also would like to hear from people who have eaten here before on there thoughts.

We ate there in 2017 and it was just okay. Went again in 2018 and it was absolutely delicious!! Just went last week for the third time and it was amazing - our favourite meal of the trip. The new chef is really working some magic. We like the parade package a lot.

We ate there in 2017 and it was just okay. Went again in 2018 and it was absolutely delicious!! Just went last week for the third time and it was amazing - our favourite meal of the trip. The new chef is really working some magic. We like the parade package a lot.
what did you eat if you don't mind me asking

We ate there in December 2018 and no thanks... pass. Terrible service, had to forever for our reservation which I know is on par for in the parks but the waiter wasn't pleasant and messed up our order. Took hours to get served dinner, was waste of time and the food? Not good. We were not impressed. And I LOVE Lady and the Tramp, this place is a disgrace to Lady's image.

I didn’t care for the chicken cutlet but the Fettuccini Alfredo was awesome. It was a very nice place. It felt very fancy yet comfortable. We had a very nice & attentive waitress so we got lucky there.

We did TONY's back in Dec and Jan. I have to say we normally make this our first and last park and have been happy with this arrangement. Our experience this time was a tale of two different restaurants. In Dec my DW had the Caprese salad and Chicken Parm while I had the Fried Mozzarella and Scampi past. We were both very happy though I did think the scampi could have done with a bit less of the grated cheese. When we went back in Jan we duplicated our appetizers and were both disappointed The dipping sauce for mine which I had used our bread to sop up and clean the plate the 1st time was now so acerbic as to be nearly inedible. We both had the Chicken Parm, as our entree as it looked so good the last time. Instead of a chicken cutlet we got what can best be described as a breaded chicken breast from a Marie Calendar's box. For our next trip we are planning to drop it from the line up and find somewhere new.

Tony's can be a very polarizing place. All DW restaurant reviews are anecdotal, but we generally like this place. We've had good meals and bad, but almost always a good experience. Think Fazoli's at DW prices, and you have a good, general idea of what to expect.

For the record I have never eaten there at all. I have been debating eating here for many years. I know it used to get poor reviews but lately with a new chef people have said the food has turned pretty good. Can anyone confirm this and I also would like to hear from people who have eaten here before on there thoughts.

Hi OP: My husband and I ate at Tony's this past December. Like you, we had heard bad reviews, but decided to try it for ourselves. We had also heard that they had a terrific new chef.
I must say we were surprised at the great food and service we received! I had the best chicken parmesan I've ever had. The crust was just right and delicious. I absolutely Love chicken parm and had tried it many places. This is the absolute best, IMO. My husband had spaghetti and meatballs which he said were great. Everything from the bread course to dessert was fantastic. I asked the server why the food was so great, and he said they had a new chef and they had gotten a lot of compliments about his menu. I told him to tell the chef that we loved our delicious entrees.
We will make Tony's a regular stop on every trip now.

I've been there three times. First time in 2013 it was terrible, and I mean terrible. Chef Boyardee seemed like Chef Ramsey. Second time in 2014 I'd call it much like the Olive Garden. The third time we tried it again in 2016 and it was once again very Olive Garden like in quality. However, we did have an exceptional server who was just fantastic in 2016. So in short, it's OK.

We went last fall for the first time despite bad reviews and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a MNSSHP day about 3pm and it was quiet in the restaurant. We were seated within 5 minutes without an ADR and the food was delicious.

We had lunch at Tony’s just last week. Everything was hot and delicious.
Be sure to save room for the amazing fluffy cloud-like tiramisu! It’s an easily shareable portion. Enjoy!

Good to know as the parade package was the ONLY reason I booked this place as some of the reviews were freaking me out a bit but I know they are all subjective......

This place gets all kinds of hate for some reason. But, we eat there every trip. My kids (and myself) are big lady and the tramp fans and it's the only place you can "see" them at Disney. The food has always been good for us. Last time we dined there was November 2018. I want to say I had the shrimp Alfredo and it was awesome and I believe my husband had the chicken parm (that's usually his go-to). My kids are big pasta and bread lovers so they're always happy. They also have great cheesecake.

We eat here every trip, but it is definitely not because of the food or service. It is such a great location and I find MK counter service so hard to do with small kids.

My least favorite part about Tony’s is they get very backed up taking walk ins. I spoke to a manager about this policy. I booked 180 days in advance per usual, and asked to sit in the atrium/outdoor area upon arrival. We agreed to wait knowing it wasn’t a guarantee, and had walk ins wander in and be seated there (same party size). I knew they were walks ins because I stood at the desk waiting and watched multiple parties ask if there was availability. I think it’s great to accommodate walk ins, but you don’t get backlogged on long standing reservations as a result. This has happened several times even when I haven’t requested a specific seating area. It’s just operationally how they handle seating and isn’t super efficient.

We did the parade package there this past December over Xmas break. It wasn't our best meal and it wasn't our worst. It was fine. I would go again.

We tried it the first time last trip. I was just like you about not being sure we should eat there. I decided to go ahead and make the reservation since I have a teen who loves Italian. I got the spaghetti and my granddaughter had the chicken parmigiana. Honestly I wanted to like it, but the spaghetti sauce is what I did not like. I couldn't eat it all. My granddaughter loved her chicken parmigiana and wants to go back. If we go back I will not order anything with red sauce. The service was great though. We were seated within 10 minutes and our food came quick.

We ate there in Feb and thought it was great! We had pizza, ravioli, spaghetti, and Parmesan chicken and everyone loved their meals. I would definitely recommend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter