Has anyone ordered from Shop Disney since the border tightened up?

ChrisParker

DIS Veteran
I was thinking about ordering some stuff from the Clearance section (extra 25% off) today but I remembered hearing on the CBC yesterday that it might be harder to get shipments from the US. Has anyone ordered recently?

Stay safe, everyone.

No! Right now all my online shopping is from local businesses, especially the ones I really want to survive the current economic hard times. Disney will still be standing when it’s all over.

I made an order last Tuesday (April 7) and have heard nothing past the initial acknowledgement e-mail. The charge has not been finalized on my credit card either. There's a holiday weekend in the intervening period so I am trying not to panic, but I am worried a little. I did make the order in plenty of time, so I can wait, but I don't want the order to be cancelled, or never materialize. My poor daughter has suffered enough - I just want to bring a little Disney magic to her 18th birthday next month.

I made an order last Tuesday (April 7) and have heard nothing past the initial acknowledgement e-mail. The charge has not been finalized on my credit card either. There's a holiday weekend in the intervening period so I am trying not to panic, but I am worried a little. I did make the order in plenty of time, so I can wait, but I don't want the order to be cancelled, or never materialize. My poor daughter has suffered enough - I just want to bring a little Disney magic to her 18th birthday next month.

I made an order earlier this month, and it arrived 3 business days after I ordered. Counting weekends, it was 5 days.

Like you, I got the initial email and then heard nothing. My credit card wasn't charged either until the day after I got my order. Package arrived fine, though, and in good time.

Personally, I won't be ordering from shopdisney again (definitely not during the pandemic, but possibly not again after that period unless the company does a bit better by Canadian shoppers). I didn't realize I'd end up paying so much in customs on top of a high shipping fee. The extra fees ended up cancelling out most of the savings on the items I picked. Okay, rant over!

The point is, if my experience is a fair model, you should have your order by tomorrow, maybe Wednesday as a stretch :) I hope the gifts are a hit! It sucks to figure out how to help our kids celebrate birthdays in a pandemic.

I just want to say I feel you. My daughter turned 18 on March 23. I tried to make it so special — but not the same as being with her friends. She said it was the worst birthday ever. A little dramatic but the same day her G drivers test was cancelled, and her school announced there would be no prom. It’s hard missing these milestones. Hoping for a grad. Happy birthday to your daughter in advance!

I made an order earlier this month, and it arrived 3 business days after I ordered. Counting weekends, it was 5 days.

Like you, I got the initial email and then heard nothing. My credit card wasn't charged either until the day after I got my order. Package arrived fine, though, and in good time.

Personally, I won't be ordering from shopdisney again (definitely not during the pandemic, but possibly not again after that period unless the company does a bit better by Canadian shoppers). I didn't realize I'd end up paying so much in customs on top of a high shipping fee. The extra fees ended up cancelling out most of the savings on the items I picked. Okay, rant over!

The point is, if my experience is a fair model, you should have your order by tomorrow, maybe Wednesday as a stretch :) I hope the gifts are a hit! It sucks to figure out how to help our kids celebrate birthdays in a pandemic.
I just wanted to mention that the fees you had to pay when you get the shipment have nothing to do with Shop Disney. Those fees go to Canada Border Services and a small cut goes to UPS. Though I agree that the shipping cost itself to Canada is ridiculously high :sad2:

I just wanted to mention that the fees you had to pay when you get the shipment have nothing to do with Shop Disney. Those fees go to Canada Border Services and a small cut goes to UPS. Though I agree that the shipping cost itself to Canada is ridiculously high :sad2:

I get what you mean, but other companies have better ways of handling these fees. I can’t think of another company that I order from who require canadians to pay customs, nor shipping once you spend over a certain $ threshold.

I think the worst part of the shipping charges with Shop Disney is that the fees go UP if you spend more! Most companies the shipping goes down or disappears altogether if you spend over a certain amount. If you ship it within the US it's free over $75. Ok well how about free over $100 if you ship to Canada. So ridiculous.

I think the worst part of the shipping charges with Shop Disney is that the fees go UP if you spend more! Most companies the shipping goes down or disappears altogether if you spend over a certain amount. If you ship it within the US it's free over $75. Ok well how about free over $100 if you ship to Canada. So ridiculous.

exactly! I completely agree.

I just want to say I feel you. My daughter turned 18 on March 23. I tried to make it so special — but not the same as being with her friends. She said it was the worst birthday ever. A little dramatic but the same day her G drivers test was cancelled, and her school announced there would be no prom. It’s hard missing these milestones. Hoping for a grad. Happy birthday to your daughter in advance!

Thanks. This quarantine is especially hard on our high school grads. My daughter was supposed to go on a school music trip to Disneyland May 13 - 17 and she is gutted that the trip is cancelled. I am confident that we will make it to Disneyland eventually (we are hardcore fans who go at least once a year) but who knows when, and even if we can make it this year. I have a special grad trip booked for July, but that might not happen either.

In any case, I got my shipping notification late yesterday. I may have to wait several days for the shipment, but at least I know I will have something for DD for her birthday on May 15 - including the Disney dress that I promised to buy during the music trip, and Mickey grad ears.

Agree wholeheartedly, and I commented specifically on shipping charges to Canada in my online survey. Won't make the slightest difference in Disney's practice, but at least I got it off my chest.

I would really like to order something from Shop Disney, but constantly get the message about not delivering to my area as soon as I select “Canada”.

I live in Halifax, NS, which is not exactly the end of the earth. What’s up with that?

No! Right now all my online shopping is from local businesses, especially the ones I really want to survive the current economic hard times. Disney will still be standing when it’s all over.
Agree. Support local or at least Canadian. The gov't is pouring kajillions of dollars to Canadians and Canadian companies to keep people afloat. Let's try and keep some here (says the person who has a fully paid trip to disney on hold... I know, I know..) but really it's making me look more at things that are made in Canada. Trying harder to make sure I buy local meat or produce, or Ontario, or Canadian at least if I can.

I would really like to order something from Shop Disney, but constantly get the message about not delivering to my area as soon as I select “Canada”.

I live in Halifax, NS, which is not exactly the end of the earth. What’s up with that?
There are certain items that they can't ship to Canada. Are you seeing that on absolutely everything you try to order?

I'd never ordered before because we usually just buy stuff when we're at the parks. Since our trip this year may not happen we thought we'd treat ourselves but $50 to ship 2 spirit jerseys? Is that right? That seems criminal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter