Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

So I have for a while had a sneaking suspicion that Disney just “turns off” restaurant reservations after 9pm the night before. I’ve been checking all day for something for tomorrow and there were lots of options all day. 9pm rolls around and nothing is available all day. I even just let a reservation go, and usually I can see it pop back into the pool. Not tonight. Still nothing. I have noticed this a few times before so I thought I would point it out. If you’re looking for last minute cancellations look early.

Last edited:
Anyone have updates on the 3rd party dining websites? Or am I not allowed to talk about that (seemed like it was earlier in the thread)?

I'm going to DL on 10/27 with my brother. I was trying for Carnation Cafe, and it just wasn't available. Well, after days of just checking the calendar at various times (whenever I thought about it and was at my computer) a lunchtime table opened up and I snagged it. I don't think my brother has ever eaten there before, so this will be a fun treat.

Is Carnation Cafe serving dinner now? I only seem to see reservations for breakfast and lunch.

So can people staying in Disneyland resorts do all their dining based off their check in date? Or do you have do book one day at a time?

No the onsite Disneyland hotels can not do all the dining based on the check in date like they can at Walt Disney World. Onsite guests are just the same as everyone else, they can book whenever the dining reservations become available, starting at 60 days out and day by day. All the dining reservations are not being loaded into the system at exactly 60 days out. You start checking at 3am PT on day 60 for your first day and then continue checking day by day at 3am PT until you get the dining reservations that you want.

No the onsite Disneyland hotels can not do all the dining based on the check in date like they can at Walt Disney World. Onsite guests are just the same as everyone else, they can book whenever the dining reservations become available, starting at 60 days out and day by day. All the dining reservations are not being loaded into the system at exactly 60 days out. You start checking at 3am PT on day 60 for your first day and then continue checking day by day at 3am PT until you get the dining reservations that you want.
Thank you!

I paid for a one month subscription for Mousewatchers.
What I REALLY want is Lamp Light, Ogas, or Trader Sams Nov 11-14.... but today, I did get a Sat lunch at Craftsman Bar with this app. It's not my first choice but it's a place to sit, eat, and re-group. I've also been trying on my own a couple times a day when I have a min.

We currently have: Nov 11- lunch Carnation Cafe, Nov 12 Craftsman Bar, Nov 13 Wine Country Trattoria
Hoping the app comes through with a diff option for the 12-13, but I'm not complaining.

I used the apps as well and was able to get every reservation we wanted - Trader Sam's, Oga's, Lamplight, Carthay Lounge, Carnation Café, Café Orleans, Goofy's Kitchen, Blue Bayou, and Storytellers for Thanksgiving. Most of them dropped at 3am Pacific - but not all of them. Both Trader Sam's and Storytellers dropped mid-day, around 10:30am, and shorter than 60 days. I don't recall how far out Trader Sam's dropped, but Storytellers was 29 days. It's a small investment to use the paid apps, but worth it IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter