Has anyone had a good lunch at Kona Cafe?

WendyandGoofy

Earning My Ears
We won't make it for breakfast, but I am thinking it would be good timing for us to have a late lunch there. We've done O'hana's and it was fun and good, but we can't do dinner and like to try different places, anyway. Any suggestions on what to eat at Kona's? :cool:

I had lunch there and it was very good.
I had an asian style noodle dish that you could get with chicken or vegan style.
They had a good variety.

Who cares what you order for your meal, just be sure to save room for dessert!! Their desserts are wonderful!

Seriously, I usually split the pulled pork sandwich with someone (so we have room for dessert). It is very good. Also, their sticky wings and crab cake appetizers are good, too.

I got sticky wings to go at the Kona for lunch. Yummy! We took them out to the tables by the pool area. Its so beautiful out there.

Yummy - dh and I and two dd's have lunch there every trip - wonderful. I love the salad with the tenderloin - sorry can't remember the name. Everything we have ordered so far was great, breakfast and lunch.

TJ

During our last trip we ate here twice for lunch. It was that good!

I ordered a burger and my husband had the mahi mahi sandwich (both times!). We shared desserts and they too were awesome.

During our 9 day trip, Kona Cafe was the only restaurant we went twice. We liked the relaxed, uncrowded pace during lunch and of course, we enjoyed the yummy food and great coffee. My DH and I ordered the Asian bowl noodle soup one time, and the pan fried Asian noodle the second time. Both were great! My DS ordered the ravioli in cream sauce with mushroom and red pepper both times. We did not not have a PS both times and were able to get a table within 5 to 10 minutes.

Is the mahi mahi the blackened fish sandwich? If so, that's what both DH and I had in February last year and it was *wonderful*! I also agree with what was said about desserts. As we were being led to our table, we passed by some neat chocolate sculptures, as well as examples of the desserts available. That was the big thing servers were recommending because they were special items to celebrate the 100 Years of Magic.

Do they have the usual kid fare? I just remembered I can probably find this out on Deb's sight. Anyway, thanks for making such delicious suggestions for lunch, everyone!

My kids have had the hot dogs there for dinner and loved them. They were huge!

From Debs site....

Lunch and Dinner
$5.49 - Beverages Not Included

Hot Dog with French Fries
Chicken Fingers with French Fries
Buddy Burger with French Fries
Grilled Cheese with French Fries
Peanut Butter and Jelly with French Fries
Pasta and Meatball

Smoothies - Orange-Passion, Strawberry-Banana or Raspberry $4.00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest