Has anyone gotten their DL Vacation DVD?

Hi I am from NZ and yes I have received the Disneyland 2004/2005 DVD vacation planner.

With much excitement I have sat down and watched it over and over.

The first segment is Disneyland and it shows Aerial film flying over disney and dca and flash of rides in both parks and then it moves on to show Disneyland explaining the lands and rides briefly and then onto DCA and its rides FANASTIC!!

And then it shows disney downtown and shows then disney hotels

Last as bonus it has the shows again explaining them and then a three segment TOT talking about the construction then the ride itself and how they make the cobwebs and then showing a little of the inside stuff of TOT

Comes from the www.disneyland.com.au site and only posts to NZ and Aussies sorry.

I found the link - and it clearly says DL DVD and my WDW DVD is pictured with 2 discs (one is a DVD and the other is a CD planning kit) so I'm hoping it will be here soon. I will repost the link just in case someone missed it....

Disney Planning DVD 2005

Well just watch and was VERY disapointed. It is the same 8 minute segment that is on the WDW planning video/DVD. This is NOT a planning video/DVD. It is a COMMERCIAL!!

I am totally BUMMED!

I just got mine today and watched it and I was so dissapointed. It has been some time since I have been to DL so I was really looking forward to it...put it in had dinnner and everything all set and it was over before it started :(

disneychrista said:
Well just watch and was VERY disapointed. It is the same 8 minute segment that is on the WDW planning video/DVD. This is NOT a planning video/DVD. It is a COMMERCIAL!!

I am totally BUMMED!

no your kidding. I have been looking forward to this DVD. What is wrong with Disneyland? Is the budget money all going to WDW? Whats really going on there? I did see I think Good Morning America will be broadcasting live in Disney (which one I don't know) I hope its DL on May 5

Yup, afraid to say its very dissapointing...8 minutes long...it was over before it begun...nothing like the DW video...This all they could come up with after 50 years? ....

TheZue said:
I ordered it and I got yet another Disney World DVD last week, but this one had a section for Disneyland. I'm hoping this was a mistake or it's because I'm in Canada...they shouldn't be advertising it as a disneyland disk if it's mainly about Disney World.
Me too. It has happened twice

If you have the new WDW DVD then you have the Disneyland DVD. Go to extras and watch the Disneyland segment. This is pretty much, if not exactly, what is on the Disneyland DVD.

they're considering for the future. I got a pop-up survey tonight when I went onto the Disneyland website. One question was about things they are considering adding to that site. Amoung them were information about Tokyo Disney (?) and....a downloadable Disneyland Planning video.

I said no I wouldn't want it. I have dial-up here at home and it would take me all evening to download a movie. Even if it were only 7 or 8 minutes as some of you have mentioned.

I can see why they'd consider this, though. :blush: I was one of the bad people last year! I requested a WDW video, and although I really had every intention of going last year, I ended up sinking that money into unplanned car repairs instead.

I'm sure they spend more than they'd like to on these video packages. If they could get people to download instead, all they'd have to pay for is production and bandwidth!

I received my disneyland dvd about 1 week after ordering it. doenst seem to have any disneyworld info on it at all. Its shows the two parks, a little about downtown disney and includes a few activities taking place for the 50th. also talks about the different restaurants and hotels. I didnt see anything about club 33 on it, probably because its an exclusive club. I order it from the www.disneyland.com website. DW and I are going to Disneyland in October. It is not the planning dvd that the WDW seems to be. I fully agree with earlier posts that it is a commercial, but I am so excited about going to california, that I dont care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter