Has anyone ever had anything stolen?

My then 9 year old son left his Batman hat on our chair while we went to eat lunch on Castaway Cay and it was gone when we got back. It was a really nice one that he had just recd as a gift right before we left. He just couldn't believe it and was very very upset. He still talks about it to this day. :sad2:

Sometimes it's your own family member who's the "thief". I have never had anything taken at Disney or on the cruise, but my sister seems to be the "victim" on just about every trip she takes.
On our first cruise (Carnival) she had her money taken from her suitcase. Why she packed it, I'll never know. I now doubt that it was ever taken. Of course, I had to cover all the extra expenses, like tipping, because she lost her money.
On her last trip to WDW she calls me at my room, frantic about leaving her safe open with all her money in it. I had to get the hotel manager to let me in her room to close the safe and then wait for her to call me back so I could tell her everything was o.k. We then agree to meet at the carosel in one hour. When we get there, she is nowhere to be found. We continue with our plans, figuring we will meet up with her later... never did.
We finally get back to the hotel room where we find her crying because "someone" lifted her wallet from her backpack and took the $300.00 she had on her. Her story fell apart when she said she had us paged at the park but we didn't answer. THERE IS NO PAGING SYSTEM AT THE PARKS. I confronted her with the facts that she is always the victim of theft on all her trips. She still sticks to her story but no one believes her. If in fact she has ever had anything taken, I still blame her!
On a brighter note, while sitting on a bench in EPCOT, my husband noticed a small bag hanging off the back. He asked a few people around us if they lost a bag and no one claimed it. He took it to a kiosk and the CM told him to take it to lost and found. Just as he returned, we noticed a woman and a man looking around. My husband asked if they were looking for a small bag and the woman identified it. My husband told her where he had just taken it so she just hugs him, thanks him profusely, grabs her husband and goes running off. As we were on our way out, we saw the couple with their bag. The look on her face made me feel happy. I just hope that someone would do the same for me if I ever left something behind.

we think hubby had his disney cruise watch taken out of our luggage when it was sitting in the hall....we had one of those duffle bag like suitcases at the time that has a bunch of different pockets. he said he's pretty sure he packed it and did not leave it in the room...i always check a bazillion times to make sure we got everything out of the room and it was not there...called lost and found when we got home and they didn't have it....we'll make sure luggage is locked when in the hall when we go next month...

On our last cruise in May 2006 we had our Mickey luggage straps taken off 3 suitcases. It happened after we set them outside our cabin the night before disembarkation and when we picked them up in the terminal. Didn't even notice it until we were putting them in the car. Called DCL from the airport but they didn't find them.

Also, DD's college aged friend left her swimsuit, skirt and top hanging on the bathroom door in their cabin. She called the day after we got off but the stateroom attendant hadn't turned them in.

DCL did send me some luggage tags and our trip insurance paid some on the clothes.

I'm not too thrilled anymore about setting out our suitcases the last night.

The only thing we had missing were our custom luggage tags on the disembarkation night - interesting that you bring this up. My mom had given us a gift of very nice solid plastic tags, red and white, with our last name "courtney" etched in them. On the luggage when we put it out, not when we got it at the port. These tags have made it to several countries and back for a few years and don't just fall off. I think someone knew a "courtney" and snagged them to be cute....but I miss them!! They were how I i.d.'d our luggage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter