Has anyone ever done this? Disney's After Hours MK and Fireworks Dessert Party same night?

chrisrunty

DIS Veteran
Is this a good idea even??? I have a few questions I hope someone has an opinion on. We are doing Disney's MK After hours on 4/3 (not regular park tickets) and I also purchased the Dessert Party Plaza Garden view for the same night. It has us checking in at 7:45pm fireworks are 9:15pm. Do you think we would be able to arrive a bit early like 7:15pm to grab a bite to eat (Dessert Party) then head back into the park to ride a ride or 2 and then come back to the dessert party 8:45 to view the fireworks? We want to maximize our time since we have the MK that day from 7pm-1am. (only day visiting MK)

We did dessert party with plaza viewing and DAH the same night. It worked great, but we went immediately from eating to the garden because we wanted to make sure we had a decent view. It sounds like you are doing terrace seating so you probably could leave and return since your table is assigned. I wouldn’t go too far, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work other than feeling rushed.

We did dessert party with plaza viewing and DAH the same night. It worked great, but we went immediately from eating to the garden because we wanted to make sure we had a decent view. It sounds like you are doing terrace seating so you probably could leave and return since your table is assigned. I wouldn’t go too far, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work other than feeling rushed.
Thank you for replying!! We are doing the Plaza viewing (not seated) this is just an extra fun couple of park nights before we get on a Disney Cruise, so we really want the Dessert party to see the fireworks with less crowds. (spending 90 minutes waiting for the fireworks seems like a long time for us) We wondered if we could check in to the Dessert Party a bit early... have some snacks then come back closer to when the fireworks happen. I didn't know if it was ok to check in leave for a bit and then come back. (if it was allowed)

When I did the plaza viewing dessert party, I checked in regular time (pretty sure they won't let you in early), then did a couple Tomorrowland attractions and went to the garden about 10 minutes before the show. Worked great.

In all the ones I’ve attended, they have never opened early. Most people don’t even get in line to check in by 7:15. I don’t think there’s a chance you can do that.

When I did the plaza viewing dessert party, I checked in regular time (pretty sure they won't let you in early), then did a couple Tomorrowland attractions and went to the garden about 10 minutes before the show. Worked great.
This is exactly what we need thank you thank you!!!:thanks:

Did you skip desserts or did you find enough time to ride after eating?

In all the ones I’ve attended, they have never opened early. Most people don’t even get in line to check in by 7:15. I don’t think there’s a chance you can do that.

Same experience. Accessing desserts that early is impossible, IMO. I have done the MK dessert party at least seven times now.

But I do think, as long as you don’t care so much about your viewing position in the garden, doing a couple rides may be possible.

I wouldn't do both in the same night, that is A LOT of sugar and honestly, I don't know that I would do the MK fireworks again unless I got a great spot less than 5 minutes before they started, they just aren't all that great and you can do a ton of rides while everyone else is watching the fireworks. Wait, I mean, 3veryobe go watch the fireworks so I can have the rest of the park to myself....lol

We actually just did this on 3/21. We went over about 7:45 and had a really leisurely time eating (we were on our honeymoon, so that was the priority), and then went over for fireworks at 9:00. Still had a great spot against the back railing so we could see everything AND lean. Everyone sat (and had plenty of room to sit) until the fireworks started. They were spectacular. We actually had enough time after the fireworks were over to ride a ride on a FP we'd picked up on the way over, and then got one more in right before DAH started. We got a ton done during AH; and the whole magical experience of having the park be so empty after spring break crowds was amazing. Everything was walk-on except Thunder Mountain which had a 10 minute wait the two times we did it. I imagine if you're not big on taking your time during desserts, you could check in at 7:45, eat for fifteen minutes and then have an hour to ride things before getting to the garden at 9:00.

We actually just did this on 3/21. We went over about 7:45 and had a really leisurely time eating (we were on our honeymoon, so that was the priority), and then went over for fireworks at 9:00. Still had a great spot against the back railing so we could see everything AND lean. Everyone sat (and had plenty of room to sit) until the fireworks started. They were spectacular. We actually had enough time after the fireworks were over to ride a ride on a FP we'd picked up on the way over, and then got one more in right before DAH started. We got a ton done during AH; and the whole magical experience of having the park be so empty after spring break crowds was amazing. Everything was walk-on except Thunder Mountain which had a 10 minute wait the two times we did it. I imagine if you're not big on taking your time during desserts, you could check in at 7:45, eat for fifteen minutes and then have an hour to ride things before getting to the garden at 9:00.
Oh my goodness you did exactly what we are hoping to do!!! You have made my day. Thank you thank you so much for replying!! :worship: Also congratulations!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter