• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

has anyone ever done a SB crop as a fundraiser?

nicurn

<font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col
hi guys, I was on another board and someone posted that their elementary school had done an all day crop as a fundraiser. I guess they brought in people who are CM consultants, etc. I think this is a cool idea and was wondering if any of you guys had ever heard of this or had any suggestions. maggie

Our Boy Scout troop is in the process. Not sure how well we will do. It's the first scrapbook fund-raiser I've ever been a part of.

Please let me know how you guys organised it, etc and how you do, I think it would be a lot of fun. thanks, maggie

We have a large troop and pack. We announced it at the spring meetings, passed out sign up sheets and put information on our Yahoo club site. We asked scrappers to pass the info on to their friends who might be interested.

I am working on some page kits for Scouting that we can sell. We plan to have sandwiches for lunch (a sub shop is giving us a good deal since it's for a good cause) and Scout families are bringing salads. We are providing drinks, snacks and cookies. The church where we meet is letting us use their room with tables. The boys just have to come set it up and knock it down.

I'll try to remember to check back in a couple of weeks when we've finished so you'll know how it turned out.

we have been talking about it at our church too! I am going to a fund raiser in Aug for a fire house that burned down. I know they will have several vendor there. I think it could be a lot of fun but I dont' know how much money they will actually make. I guess it depends on the vendors there and how much they will share with their profits.

and I proposed it to the principal who LOVED the idea -
but my dd was diagnosed with ADD and adhd so we are switching her to public school because they can accomodate her needs- so I was hoping to propose it to the school in the fall.

You can charge a fee per person - $15 or so is reaonable - $10 per person goes to the school, and $5 per person to expenses. Lss and vendors may be willing to donate raffle items if you contact them, have cm or other home based party consultants set up.

If you know people good at techniques you could ask them or hire them cheaply to teach 'classes' with the money (beyond supplies) donated !

The school could have someone set up to sell drinks, snacks, lunch - profits again to the school!

I think it is a great idea - I can't wait to try it!
Especially in our area where there are a lot of scrappers and no lss!

PattyT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter