Has anyone ever botten resale timeshare off of Ebay?

chrisann

DIS Veteran
I see a couple that seem like pretty good deals,a ny expereince with these? Do they ever get refused by the company if the price is too low? Thanks! Which is the better company to trade and get bonus weeks with II or RCI?

I see a couple that seem like pretty good deals,a ny expereince with these? Do they ever get refused by the company if the price is too low? Thanks! Which is the better company to trade and get bonus weeks with II or RCI?

We have bought one. A recent Harbour Lake purchase that ended at $809.99. I would suggest heading over to TUG to find out more. The true experts on timeshare and buying them on E-bay are there. Check out their Buying, Selling and Renting forum. Just Google TUG or Timeshare Users Group.

Be sure to ask there about the resorts you are looking at. Even some of those that sell for only $1 are still very bad deals.

We have bought one. A recent Harbour Lake purchase that ended at $809.99. I would suggest heading over to TUG to find out more. The true experts on timeshare and buying them on E-bay are there. Check out their Buying, Selling and Renting forum. Just Google TUG or Timeshare Users Group.

Be sure to ask there about the resorts you are looking at. Even some of those that sell for only $1 are still very bad deals.

Thanks, we must have been looking at the same one! That's where I'm looking to buy!!:goodvibes

I've purchased a couple on eBay. One went through no problem. The other never closed and after about a year and much frustration, the seller refunded my money.

Sheila

I've purchased a couple on eBay. One went through no problem. The other never closed and after about a year and much frustration, the seller refunded my money.

Sheila

We did a rental on ebay ONCE. Thank goodness I paid via paypal with a credit card. Seller strung us along with promises he was working on getting us reservation confirmation letter. Finally received email askingus to 'pick another trip date'. Paypal was NO help at all, said I didn't buy a tangible item and therefore they wouldn't approval a claim to have my money reimbursed. My credit card company did a charge back on it but I had to fill out a lot of paperwork.

We bought ours through Intervalmax. There are lots of Ebay sellers. Always be sure that they have good and lots of feedback. They will make sure you get what is advertised. Their business depends on the good feedback and they don't really want many people poking in to their business if you have problems and file complaints.

Buying from a private seller is also an option. Make sure you use an independent closing agent. We used JRA Services for a private sale that we found. There are plenty of listing sites out there. Make sure you determine how much you should be offering then determine how much you are willing to pay and then make plenty of offers. You may get some responses from disgusted sellers who are offended by the low offers. The problem is that they probably paid the developer BIG$$$ for that TS and are hoping to recoup many of their purchase price, which is unrealistic.

many of the timeshares will allow you too switch weeks from your timeshare to another timeshare somewhere else as well. So you may want to find the cheapest one you can find anywhere, and trade your week for a week in the Disney area.

If you are looking at this as an investment, all of my friends who have owned them, have been dissatisfied.

Hope I have helped.

Enjoy the magic you spend at Disney:wizard:['[[

many of the timeshares will allow you too switch weeks from your timeshare to another timeshare somewhere else as well. So you may want to find the cheapest one you can find anywhere, and trade your week for a week in the Disney area.

If you are looking at this as an investment, all of my friends who have owned them, have been dissatisfied.

Hope I have helped.

It is true, and Orlando is a very easy place to trade in to. So it is something to consider, just make sure to buy a resort that trades within II if you plan to visit the Marriott resorts.

One should never look at a timeshare purchase as a financial investment. It is an investment in quality vacations. Buying resale as the OP indicated is probably the best way to get in to timeshare.

I don't know a single person who bought a resale (like an Ebay purchase) who is unhappy with timeshare. People buying resale tend to be more knowledgeable than those who got roped in to a purchase from a salesman while on vacation. There are likely a very high percentage of people who paid full freight for a timeshare from the developer who are unhappy. I am thinking your friends fall in to this category.

It is true, and Orlando is a very easy place to trade in to. So it is something to consider, just make sure to buy a resort that trades within II if you plan to visit the Marriott resorts.

One should never look at a timeshare purchase as a financial investment. It is an investment in quality vacations. Buying resale as the OP indicated is probably the best way to get in to timeshare.

I don't know a single person who bought a resale (like an Ebay purchase) who is unhappy with timeshare. People buying resale tend to be more knowledgeable than those who got roped in to a purchase from a salesman while on vacation. There are likely a very high percentage of people who paid full freight for a timeshare from the developer who are unhappy. I am thinking your friends fall in to this category.

I totally agree. We bought ours for so low, how could we not be happy with it? I still don't understand why developers try to fool people into buying. That whole system needs to change. What other large purchase item would you enter into with the seller saying, 'this is it, right now, take it or leave it.' :confused3

Realtors don't do that and even car salespeople are nicer than that. That's insane. Resale buyers have done their homework, know what it's about going into it, and still want it.

The fact that we didn't have to finance ours also helped. If I was making huge payments, like buying a car, I may not be so happy.

I would second the advice to slow down and visit TUG boards. There's a wealth of info there.
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=914

Which is the better company to trade and get bonus weeks with II or RCI?

That depends on a lot of things. I belong to both and both have their advantages and disadvantages. I only own one resort that is II only, though, and would drop them if I could sell it just because I don't find as much with them.

RCI has more resorts more places. Their best weeks tend to book up earlier.

II has some very high quality resorts, a few in places you won't get through RCI (such as Boston). They tend to get their weeks later, though, and I'm usually all booked up by the time I see something available with them that I might like.

I have one II week now that I've already paid to extend for a year that I will lose if I don't find some way to use it in the next six weeks. I've been searching multiple times a day, but can't find anything I can use.

Sheila

Hope I have helped.

which cheap timeshares did you buy and trade to Disney. My cheap ones won't even look at Disney.

so please tell what timeshares you are talking about/

We bought ours from www.holidaygroup.com. No problems at all. They are a resale company.

This is who we bought our from also!:goodvibes I admit is was a leap of faith but it was so cheap compared to TSs that we toured for sale by builders.
Ended up being a great deal!

which cheap timeshares did you buy and trade to Disney. My cheap ones won't even look at Disney.

so please tell what timeshares you are talking about/

The way I read it, DisneySouvenir meant the Disney area, not specifically Disney owned.

The way I read it, DisneySouvenir meant the Disney area, not specifically Disney owned.

sorry - though he was talking about the Disney VC ones.

know some people in RCI are definitely getting them - but though it was only the better timeshares in RCI - not the cheap ones.

well if anyone has any suggestions for trading to Disney timeshares send me a note or say which timeshares here.

popcorn::

thanks!

We have. I agree with the comment about joining TUG. Do your research and buy where you want to go, don't depend on trading. Two places to not buy are Orlando and Branson. They are easy to trade into. We prefer to trade through II although currently, they do not have DVC. There are some inexpensive listings on TUG also. We have purchased through Holiday timeshares and had good luck with them although they are very slow with their purchasing and closing process. Make sure you purchase somewhere with a low maint. fee.

We purchased our Marriott resale through Holiday Group. It was a good experience. Andrea was my agent and she kept me informed through the whole process. We bought an EOY (every other year) lock-off week. By owning a lock-off, when we split our unit we basically get two for one for our maintenance fee.

We also bought a week off of Ebay. That one was a little more nerve racking. We did use a legitimate closing company so everything eventually got straightened out, though, on the ebay purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter