Has anyone done the Magical Gathering Wishes Cruise?

8disneyfans

Living the dream
Hi has anyone done the magical gathering wishes cruise. I would like your opinion on it. I have booked one for Nov. 1 as a surprise for my family. Please let me know.
thanks

Ive done it. You go to the Contemporary Resort for the reception....but its not much to talk about. you get pre packaged foods like trail mix, pretzels, cotton candy, brownies, and peanuts. and you get cans of coke products or coffee. Some gold coin chocolates for the kiddos. then you get to meet Captian Hook and Smee. They are really entertaining. They spend a bit of time with you then sign autographs and take photos. Then you are lead to your boat where you load and go past the polynesian hotel and see their light show. Then you go get a spot on the lagoon to see the fireworks. The guide is very nice and interactive. YOu watch the fireworks then you go back to the hotel and you get to meet Peter Pan. Thats it. If you dont drive over to the contemporary then you have to walk to the magic kingdom to catch a bus back to your hotel.....about a 15 minute walk. I honestly dont think it was worth the money that we spent on it. But maybe you will Love it. Hope you have a great time.

You will hear that it is great and that it is horrible. Our experience was great the first time and okay the second time. For your first visit, you will probably love it. It's a terrific way to see Wishes and The Electrical Water Parade. It is what you make it. If you go into it expecting to have a great time, you probably will. The food is packaged snacks and fruit. There is a LOT of it and you are allowed to take some with you onto the boat. It is a pretty good hike down the dock, so if you have anyone who may not be able to walk really far, you might want to rethink. We had 12 people in our group, and we laughed a lot and enjoyed the games on the boat. I hope you have a good time!! PM me if you have any questions.

Ive done it. You go to the Contemporary Resort for the reception....but its not much to talk about. you get pre packaged foods like trail mix, pretzels, cotton candy, brownies, and peanuts. and you get cans of coke products or coffee. Some gold coin chocolates for the kiddos. then you get to meet Captian Hook and Smee. They are really entertaining. They spend a bit of time with you then sign autographs and take photos. Then you are lead to your boat where you load and go past the polynesian hotel and see their light show. Then you go get a spot on the lagoon to see the fireworks. The guide is very nice and interactive. YOu watch the fireworks then you go back to the hotel and you get to meet Peter Pan. Thats it. If you dont drive over to the contemporary then you have to walk to the magic kingdom to catch a bus back to your hotel.....about a 15 minute walk. I honestly dont think it was worth the money that we spent on it. But maybe you will Love it. Hope you have a great time.
Thank you so much for your imput. I think we will have fun...at least I hope so. I have a puzzle for my family to solve to tell them the surprise. We LOVE Peter Pan, so I thought this would be a great experience. We are all going as characters from Peter Pan on Halloween.
Thanks again!

I think it is a great experience - especially if you like Peter Pan/Hook or the fireworks. The matey on board is also entertaining. We got a pin that is unique to the cruise.

Enjoy!

I think it is a great experience - especially if you like Peter Pan/Hook or the fireworks. The matey on board is also entertaining. We got a pin that is unique to the cruise.

Enjoy!
OOOH! A trading pin, we love trading pins! Especially the ones that are rare. That will be so neat. And we do LOVE Peter Pan! I am getting more excited...Thank you! :banana:
We leave in 3 days!!!!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter