• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hart & Huntington Tattoo

tink too

DIS Veteran
I just know when DH realises there's a tattoo shop right there in CityWalk that he's gonna at least want to go in and have a look around if he does not get a tattoo there. :rolleyes1

Has anyone had any work done there? If so, opinions would be appreciated. :)

Waaay overpriced. Quality of work is average and much better artists can be found downtown at a much better price.

You are paying for the name and not getting the skill or talent. It's like paying a couture price and getting Walmart made by third-world children.

HH2.jpg

HH1.jpg

I never had a tattoo and never will.But think about the cleainess of the establishment before you decide.
I know of peeps that got one and got hepitites too go with it..:sad2:

I would rather spend my money in safety then thro cuation to the wind on that!!

Yeah, I don't imagine it being the cleanest tattoo shop around town...there are so many people that go in and out of there...

I never had a tattoo and never will.But think about the cleainess of the establishment before you decide.
I know of peeps that got one and got hepitites too go with it..:sad2:

OMG - I would've thought that such a high profile tattooist would not have wanted their name associated with a shop that had poor cleanliness standards. :guilty: If they're using dirty needles too and folks are getting Hepatitus - shame on them! :sad2:

Yeah, I don't imagine it being the cleanest tattoo shop around town...there are so many people that go in and out of there...

It's not really front of shop that matters - although it does affect potential customer's first impressions :snooty: - but really the areas where they actually tattoo that should be immaculately clean. :upsidedow

OMG - I would've thought that such a high profile tattooist would not have wanted their name associated with a shop that had poor cleanliness standards. :guilty: If they're using dirty needles too and folks are getting Hepatitus - shame on them! :sad2:

It's not really front of shop that matters - although it does affect potential customer's first impressions :snooty: - but really the areas where they actually tattoo that should be immaculately clean. :upsidedow

H&H Tattoo is a very clean establishment,Its the small ones that would scare me downtown!!

That picture of the needle over the door is enough to scare me from getting any tattoos!!!:lmao:

i would suggest if you get a tattoo there on your trip, do it on the last day of your vacation.

if you are at universal during the days it is hot, wait til your last day.

you have to keep an ointment/vaseline over the tattoo after it is done.
the sun beating on your arms in the summer would make that area uncomfortable.

Oh believe me, my DH is well versed in the "rules" of getting tattooed! ;)

And besides, getting a tattoo early in the trip would squash all plans for visiting the waterparks and DD7 just wouldn't like that! :snooty:

I'm not sure if he will get one or not when we're in Orlando but I wanted to be prepared with info. about H&H before our visit. Thanks for all your help. :)

My son lives in Orlando, goes to college, and last year when H & H opened he commissioned a leg tattoo (we live in MA) he paid for it, both myself and my dh never got tatoos, but he's in the music industry, and it's a right of passage for being 19 these days, he got it done when it just opened up and believe it or not, they are very sterile, and did a fantastic job!

BTW, going to Orlando over 20 years, and my son living there, they know all the tatoo places to stay away from=most are cheap and dirty and seem to cling to the college communtiy, Orlando the city itself needs to regulate things more, after all your dealing wtih health issues. It's your job to be an advocate for yourself. We went in the shop ourselves, it's over priced, but there are great artists who do great work, so to make a blanket statement is very ignorant. This place is highly regulated, as I said my son checked for a couple years and checked with santitations, certifications, etc before anyone tatted him. You need to the same. Universal is a tourist trap, everything there from the resteraunts to the shops are over priced-but that doesn't stop us or anyone else from going back several times a year and having annual passes..........
Orlando is a total tourist trap, you either love or it hate it. Going there for over 21 years I can honestly say it, but have AP's to parks for years, and a 2nd home there, (not a disney timeshare either)LOL! We love the areas and there's alot more in the city than the parks.

Enjoy yourselves and your trips.
:cool1:

2 weeks, until 3 weeks of FL! YES!!!!

My son lives in Orlando, goes to college, and last year when H & H opened he commissioned a leg tattoo (we live in MA) he paid for it, both myself and my dh never got tatoos, but he's in the music industry, and it's a right of passage for being 19 these days, he got it done when it just opened up and believe it or not, they are very sterile, and did a fantastic job!

::yes:: Like I said they are A very clean establishment!!

BTW, going to Orlando over 20 years, and my son living there, they know all the tatoo places to stay away from=most are cheap and dirty and seem to cling to the college communtiy, Orlando the city itself needs to regulate things more, after all your dealing wtih health issues. It's your job to be an advocate for yourself. We went in the shop ourselves, it's over priced, but there are great artists who do great work, so to make a blanket statement is very ignorant. This place is highly regulated, as I said my son checked for a couple years and checked with santitations, certifications, etc before anyone tatted him. You need to the same. Universal is a tourist trap, everything there from the resteraunts to the shops are over priced-but that doesn't stop us or anyone else from going back several times a year and having annual passes..........

I agree,you got to be your own advocate..
What did you meen by the-(blanket statement is very ignorant)????

My son lives in Orlando, goes to college, and last year when H & H opened he commissioned a leg tattoo...they are very sterile, and did a fantastic job!!!!!

It's good to hear from someone who's got first hand knowledge of work done there - I'm glad your son is pleased with his tatt! :thumbsup2

Orlando is a total tourist trap, you either love or it hate it.

I know - us poor fools! :rotfl: I've been visiting Fl. for 25+ years - initially with my parents but then I started dragging DH there ASAP! :rotfl2: Now DD is a huge fan too. :hyper: We have to make a longer visit every couple of years due to distance, and can only dream of visiting the parks whenever we would like. :blush:

Hope you enjoy your upcoming vacation and spending time in the Sunshine State! :goodvibes

I have a tattoo & would love to get another one from Orlando but I agree they are sooooo over priced, I did go into the shop & saw a finished tattoo on a guy & it was a nice job, very well done but the price is what keeps me away from going to H&H

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter