Harry Potter Studio Tour - Wow!

Dimplenose

Stranger from the outside
I've spent the day at Leavesden Studios and it was a-ma-zing!

Our tour was booked for 11am but with all this bad weather I added an hour to our 40 minute travel time just in case and got there for 10! Never mind, it gave us time to look around a nearly empty shop and have a coffee before joining our tour.

The only problem I had all day (apart from the money haemorrhaging from my purse) was understanding how to use the audio guide so I probably spent an extra 30 minutes or so catching up with the bits I should have been listening to as I went round. :confused3

We tried the butter beer (£2.95 for a plastic cupful) but didn't like it.

I took masses of photos.

We finished the tour at about 3pm then had lunch at the cafe before hitting the shop.

DD and I are big HP fans (she wore the Ron Weasley sweater that I'd knitted for her) but even DH who has only seen each film once enjoyed himself.

Here are just a few photos.

IMG_0729-1.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

Love to see a picture of the sweater you made.

DD didn't want her face on show. But here is her sweater. Her name also begins with R so it's quite appropriate.

IMG_0853.jpg

I'm really looking forward to going on Thursday so it's nice to hear you had a good time. I tried butter beer in Florida and really liked it so will be interested to see if it's the same xx

love the Jumper...

We are going at the end of July, can't wait.
Loved Harry Potter World in Orlando BUT this is the REAL thing!:thumbsup2
Hated the butterbeer:crazy2: at HPW so won't be trying the UK version...

I went to the tour at the beginning of June and as soon as I got home was itching to book again.

I tried the Butterbeer and my first thought was ice cream soda, as a kid (many years ago) we used to have Cream Soda in a cup and then drop a dollop of vanilla ice cream in which would fizz up and go all frothy on top.

We are going to WWOHP next year and am looking forward to trying the Butterbeer there.

My son went with his Film Studies class. He wasn't really looking forward to it as he's not a big Harry Potter fan but he loved it. He came back astonished at the prices in the shop :scared:

DD didn't want her face on show. But here is her sweater. Her name also begins with R so it's quite appropriate.

IMG_0853.jpg

Brilliant jumper!

I'm really looking forward to going on Thursday so it's nice to hear you had a good time. I tried butter beer in Florida and really liked it so will be interested to see if it's the same xx

No its not the same. USA version is much better.

No its not the same. USA version is much better.

in that case maybe I'll try the uk version as I hated the usa version..I thought the USA version was more like rootbeer, so my DH liked it a lot but I was expecting a totally different taste...:drinking1

So looking forward to going..

Love the jumper, thats brilliant, looks like you had a great time:goodvibes

Great pics Libby, I love your jumper ::yes::

My DD's went there a couple of weeks ago and loved it, I can't wait to see it for myself in October :thumbsup2

Visited a month ago and totally loved it. We spent three hours and even went really 'backstage' as DS2 fell on his face and needed first aid, so we had to go into the offices etc at the back. Will be going back next yr hopefully as I am sure we missed lots of details on the way around. The butter beer was ok, but preferred frozen version in Orlando. And the shop prices :scared: I got off lightly as DS1 bought a wand from WWOHP and I pointed out that a wizard could only have one wand - mean I know! ;)

We went a few weeks ago and had an amazing day. I took over 200 photos!

I agree that the shop was way to expensive. I think I saw a small bag of sweets priced around £7.50 :crazy2: DH really wanted a wand but the prices soon put him off. We just took photos of each other holding them instead, infact most British visitors seemed to be doing this. We saw lots of American and Japanese tourists spending like mad. I guess it's just the same as when we go to Florida though!

We had problems with the audio guide too. We found it to be a waste of money to be honest as all the exhibits are explained with signs. We gave up on the guides halfway around and handed them over to a wizard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter