Hard to get room at 11 months Bwv

n2mm

aka WALTSGIRL
ugh, got shut out at exactly 8:00am for a Bwv standard studio. It gets harder every year. Clicked exactly 8:00 and first night gone. Went on the waitlist immediately. Will try again tomorrow. Not even sure I really want to go, but figured I’d try to get a reservation. October is the hardest time of year to book for me. Wish me luck tomorrow.

I have been trying for over 3 weeks now and the 1st night is always gone.

You might want to check a few hours later or the very next day because often the first night pops up because walkers are moving through.

ugh, got shut out at exactly 8:00am for a Bwv standard studio. It gets harder every year. Clicked exactly 8:00 and first night gone. Went on the waitlist immediately. Will try again tomorrow. Not even sure I really want to go, but figured I’d try to get a reservation. October is the hardest time of year to book for me. Wish me luck tomorrow.
I have had the same problem getting standard view studios at BLT. They are booking out every morning within seconds. Even though we are 11 months out.

So 11 month out availability especially for studios with the standard views are getting hard to get.

I have had the same problem getting standard view studios at BLT. They are booking out every morning within seconds. Even though we are 11 months out.

So 11 month out availability especially for studios with the standard views are getting hard to get.

Yep, I’m a Bwv and BLT owner. Both standard studios are gone at exactly 8:00am along with boardwalk view at Bwv. I use to be fast on booking, but guess I’m losing my touch. It’s crazy for sure. I did waitlist.

What I saw happening earlier this month for standard views at BWV - every morning right at 8am the rooms would disappear, then the previous day would open up. People were walking their reservation. The new online system makes this extremely easy to do.

Standard views at BWV are bound to be getting harder as original owners of BWV are getting replaced by resale owners who are buying specifically to stay at BWV. And a large number of them want either the standard view or boardwalk view.

I bought my BWV points resale specifically for staying at BWV, have never trader out with them and always try and book a standard view room. Bet there are lots of people just like me!

Yes, the competition is really hard now. It’s been getting harder for the last couple of years, but with the new system, it’s worse now. Yes, lots of walking.

Struck out again today, day 2. I did book yesterday’s day when a walker let it go. Will try again tomorrow. I do wonder if the waitlist is also grabbing it too.

What I saw happening earlier this month for standard views at BWV - every morning right at 8am the rooms would disappear, then the previous day would open up. People were walking their reservation.
This sounds like an okay thing. If you put in day-by-day waitlists, plus do a little stalking, it should be possible to get what you want. Or am I missing something?

I am still not understanding the "walking" of BWV. I want to get 2 2 BR's for December 2019. I am flexible for 3 weeks-Dec 1-6, or Dec 8-13, or Dec 15-20. How does it work? I was stalking the dates, for October now, and at October 19 (11 months from now), there is no availability for a studio Standard, but available for the following 4 days.. MY Question- HOW does the EXACT day go away, but the next 4 days are available?? Not understanding it.. I know that no one rents for one day.... #confused

If you can’t get the first day of your reservation, you can’t book. Your first day is someone’s last day. I’m still working on my reservation. Made a waitlist but so far that hasn’t worked. I’m on day 5 now and everyday at 8:00am on the dot the day of is gone. I believe the waitlist is grabbing it for people who waitlisted before me. So everyday for most likely 10 days I have to be on my device to try to book the day of which is missing and once I get shut out, I have to stalk until someone releases the day prior. I’ve been lucky so far. But most people can’t be available every day at 8:00am to 8:30am to do this. Normally you book your 7 night reservation and you’re done. I’ve waitlisted, but that doesn’t work either, because people, like me, are back filling, by grabbing the days missed, which means those days aren’t available, so your waitlist can’t be filled.

If you can’t get the first day of your reservation, you can’t book. Your first day is someone’s last day. I’m still working on my reservation. Made a waitlist but so far that hasn’t worked. I’m on day 5 now and everyday at 8:00am on the dot the day of is gone. I believe the waitlist is grabbing it for people who waitlisted before me. So everyday for most likely 10 days I have to be on my device to try to book the day of which is missing and once I get shut out, I have to stalk until someone releases the day prior. I’ve been lucky so far. But most people can’t be available every day at 8:00am to 8:30am to do this. Normally you book your 7 night reservation and you’re done. I’ve waitlisted, but that doesn’t work either, because people, like me, are back filling, by grabbing the days missed, which means those days aren’t available, so your waitlist can’t be filled.

Ok, I see or "sort of" understand now. I want to book (as I said) 2 2BR's in December-flexible for 3 weeks. We also have enough points to book either a Standard 2BR or Pool/Garden/BW view 2 BR. Will it be impossible? Will I have to "walk" a reservation to get one of those weeks? Actually want to book 5 nights- Sun-Friday. I would really like to get a Standard view, but will take Pool/Garden/BW view.... Any hope of that?

Ok, I see or "sort of" understand now. I want to book (as I said) 2 2BR's in December-flexible for 3 weeks. We also have enough points to book either a Standard 2BR or Pool/Garden/BW view 2 BR. Will it be impossible? Will I have to "walk" a reservation to get one of those weeks? Actually want to book 5 nights- Sun-Friday. I would really like to get a Standard view, but will take Pool/Garden/BW view.... Any hope of that?
Let me put it this way: walking of BWV Std. View studios is already going on. I've been watching for the past 2 weeks and they disappear right at 8 AM with the previous date opening up at the same time. At BWV, all 2BR villas are actually a 1BR + studio, so when all studios are booked that also means that all of the 2BR villas are off the table as well.

However, the P/G studios remain open for a much longer period of time (actually days, not minutes). You stand a much better chance if you set you sites on that location. If you don't want to walk, just be ready right at 8 AM and maybe you'll get lucky enough to snag a Std. View. Then, if you fail, grab the P/G View while you can.

ETA: You could also set up a wait list for the Std.View with the hope that it gets filled once the walkers move forward.

I am still not understanding the "walking" of BWV. I want to get 2 2 BR's for December 2019. I am flexible for 3 weeks-Dec 1-6, or Dec 8-13, or Dec 15-20. How does it work? I was stalking the dates, for October now, and at October 19 (11 months from now), there is no availability for a studio Standard, but available for the following 4 days.. MY Question- HOW does the EXACT day go away, but the next 4 days are available?? Not understanding it.. I know that no one rents for one day.... #confused

With booking now being Check in +7 you have crossover of people who are arriving anywhere from 1-6 days ahead of you who have already booked rooms and reduced the inventory for the person who is trying to arrive on one of the subsequent days. So it's not even just walking but legitimate stays that have taken rooms. There are people checking out every day of the week and there are people arriving every day. The arriving is going to be limited to the number of rooms that are opening up because people are leaving or moving elsewhere.

The choice DVC made was that it was more important for people to be guaranteed of a particular room for their entire stay vs the old booking method of reserving your stay backwards from the date of check out where some but not all of the days might already be booked. Then people started doing the day by day booking where they'd start booking even though it wasn't 11 months from their check out day. That works ok until somebody is faster than you and suddenly you have a hole or two right in the middle of your stay.

With booking now being Check in +7 you have crossover of people who are arriving anywhere from 1-6 days ahead of you who have already booked rooms and reduced the inventory for the person who is trying to arrive on one of the subsequent days. So it's not even just walking but legitimate stays that have taken rooms. There are people checking out every day of the week and there are people arriving every day. The arriving is going to be limited to the number of rooms that are opening up because people are leaving or moving elsewhere.

The choice DVC made was that it was more important for people to be guaranteed of a particular room for their entire stay vs the old booking method of reserving your stay backwards from the date of check out where some but not all of the days might already be booked. Then people started doing the day by day booking where they'd start booking even though it wasn't 11 months from their check out day. That works ok until somebody is faster than you and suddenly you have a hole or two right in the middle of your stay.

I see what you are saying. With that in mind, how would I go about booking 2 2BR's at BWV for next December, 2019? Will I have to walk? I have enough points as I said for standard/BW/Pool/Garden view.. So, all the views are covered.. I think there is 148 2BR at BWV.... So, I would not prefer to "walk", but we will see... Any suggestions?

I see what you are saying. With that in mind, how would I go about booking 2 2BR's at BWV for next December, 2019? Will I have to walk? I have enough points as I said for standard/BW/Pool/Garden view.. So, all the views are covered.. I think there is 148 2BR at BWV.... So, I would not prefer to "walk", but we will see... Any suggestions?

You have such flexibility that you'll probably be fine to get at least the pool/garden view for one of your dates without walking. The later dates in December have historically been easiest followed by your second week and with the first week being the most difficult. The one caveat would be what effect Star Wars land ends up having on bookings but I still think you'll be ok at 8am online at 11 months for a pool garden view and not have to walk. If you wanted 2 standard view you'd probably need to walk at least one of the rooms if not both but of course you'd have to get that walk started.

facebook twitter