Hard Rock Hotel Club Level

jfoofj

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone-

My family of 4- DH and I in our early 40's and two boys ages 12 and 13- will be staying at the Hard Rock mid January for six nights. I'm batting the idea around of upgrading us to Club Level. We have never stayed Club Level at any resort before and I was just wondering what it is like at the Hard Rock. I've read what they've posted online, but I am looking for some first hand reviews to help me decide. We want to have a relaxing vacation, so we won't be rushing out early each morning and the parks close fairly early in January, so we will be spending a decent amount of time in the hotel. We aren't huge alcohol drinkers, but we would have a drink or two at night. I would make use of the fitness center- DH might. I guess I am trying to justify the extra $595 I'm estimating it will cost. If it is something that is absolutely fantastic and my family will love it I can justify the splurge. TIA.

We stay at Portofino, but we always stay club level.We really enjoy the breakfast in the morning and the evening appetizers ( some of which we made meals out of ) and the wine/beer in the evening.We spend alot of time at the resort making it a good value.It is not a good value for people that are out at the parks from open-close with no resort time.

i have stayed hrh club quite a few times in the past.

if you are only going to have a couple of drinks during your stay in the club, and use the gym, it would be cheaper to pay cash for those items and not stay in club.
you won't get your $595 worth.

breaking it down that would be an additional $100 a day or $25 per person a day you would need to be spending to break even.

We stayed club level in Oct for 4 nights. Me,husband and kids 21,15 and 8. It is the only way I would stay again here's how.

Breakfast at least $50 per day.(only pricing for OJ, croissant,an apple and coffee down in takeaway).In lounge they had lots of cereals, porridge,pastries,donuts,boiled eggs,yoghurts,fresh cut fruit and
Mimosas!

Free soft drinks,water,coffee all day.$3-4 per drink. We also took the odd bottle of water/ can coke to parks and grabbed a drink to take to the pool.

Free wine beer 5-7. We probably only had 2 drinks each per night ($35-40).kids had soft drinks($18)They had lots of nice snacks at this time too and could def make a light dinner from the choice. We never bothered that much with food as we were eating out except 1 night when we had a huge lunch and snacks were enough.($35-40).

Desserts from 8.30-9.30. Now we all loved this part.changed every night includes filled cookies,ice cream,chocolate strawberries. We never ordered pudding with our meals as the kids liked getting a hot chocolate and something sweet to take to the room.($25)

You will also save on gym fees($10per day?).
You can also print your boarding passes etc in lounge as they have a laptop and printer that is free to use.

If you need WiFi it is a WHOPPING $15 PER DAY. My son had it for 3 days and our bill was $45. Really in this day and age,my eyes were watering.

I hope this helps we loved our stay and it definitely saved us a lot.might not be worth it for couples but with kids I wouldn't do it any other way.

We did one night club level last month at HRH in a three room king club suite.

I was debating this very same issue but was so glad we decided on this.
they offer a different theme each night. Night one was Italian. Night two was Asian - and had some sort of sushi - I missed this but several in my family did enjoy it.

here are a few pics. (I don't have any from the 2nd nt.)

Lounge set up w/ snacks in between breakfast and evening servings.

Italian night - incl. 2 hot appetizers: meatballs and mini puffs of some sort

pasta salad and antipasto

beverages (they also have coffee and tea)

dessert - ice cream sundae night

breakfast - continental

Assorted danish, bread and cereal

hard boiled eggs and fruit

oatmeal

milk, orange and apple juice

coffee and tea

mimosas and non-alcoholic specialties

would be glad to post more if anyone is interested. I have been thinking about showcasing this in a mini trip report but haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks for posting the pictures! I JUST got off the phone from upgrading our ressie to club level, and I am so happy to see some pics of what the lounge looks like and what the food offerings are. We are 50 days away from being there- I literally can't wait. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning thinking about it.... oh... Christmas... I had better think about that before I start packing for this trip.

Does anyone know if they post a menu of what the theme nights will be? And how are they with labeling food that has nuts? My 13 year old has a nut allergy- not severe, only if he ingests, he can be near it no problem- and he HATES it when restaurants make a big deal out of it. We just need to know what had nuts and what doesn't so we can avoid the nut items.

We stayed Portofino club and HRH club our past two trips, and we preferred the Portofino club a bit more. Larger, better food selections, seemed more relaxing, but the HRH club lounge is more convenient - right on the same floor as the club rooms. Portofino's was off the main lobby, quite a hike from our room.

As earlier posters said, it's worth it only if you use it. Breakfast, afternoon snacks, evening drinks and (basically) appetizers, then the desserts - if you only hit, say, breakfast then it's not a good deal.

But one can drink quite a bit of resort - priced beer and wine in an hour and a half, so that alone might be worth it.

Thanks for posting this. My husband and I are going to the HRH club level in Jan. for our trip, and I am happy to get an idea of what we will be offered. :) My husband is just excited because it is the HRH in general though. LOL!

Poison Ivy, Thank you for all the detailed pics of the club lounge. My Mom is taking us to HRH for 4 nights May 2015. There are 8 of us, mom, my brother and his family, and me and my family, and was trying to decide between Portofino Parlor suite with 1 king and 1 double queen adjoining or HRH king suite with 2 double queen rooms adjoining. Mom pays and I plan, so decided on HRH King suite with 2 double queens adjoining, so no one will have to sleep on sofa bed or rollaway. The king suite will be the hangout spot to chill and catch up. This is our yearly vacation and I only get to see my brother and his family 2 to 3 times a year. This will be perfect. Thanks again.

We stayed at the HRH Club Level for five nights in August. Room was steps away from the lounge. It was great. Pretty sure we may not have gotten through the price per person per day but it was still worth it. We did eat breakfast there for of it says which was very good and had the desserts four nights too. Wasn't ever in for afternoon snacks. I had my dinner there every night and it was enough for my meals. The rest of my family ate out but I prefer snack food! Service was great. My only issue would be how greedy some people were. Piling plates miles high and taking mountains of food and gallons of canned drinks back to their rooms. I find that type of greed kind of ugly.

THANK YOU for posting; very helpful!:thumbsup2 Will definitely consider it for our Hard Rock Trip late spring/summer '16!:goodvibes

Poisonivy,THANKS VERY MUCH for the GREAT PICS of the Royalty Lounge!:thumbsup2 Been debating if we should do this or not, but since we plan to spend some relaxing hours hanging at HRH pool during day, think this will be a good idea for us, 2 sons are ALWAYS hungry. Guess if on one of the mornings, our sons want to sleep in, will have to bring some breakfast stuff back to room. The first year that RP opened, we were given "complimentary" club access which was FABULOUS!::yes:: Other than that, don't typically spend "extra bucks" for club level anywhere, but this will be a good option for me as the early riser to have coffee and some breakfast and hang out somewhere other than room with the others sleeping.:goodvibes[/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. I am so glad the pics are helpful. If anyone is on the fence, this really is a great upgrade. I will definitely be booking it in the future. Loved the ease of grabbing a snack or beverage all day. They really do a great job managing the place.

Our room was on the same floor as the lounge which is something I would recommend you request for your stay.
It was so convenient to walk to. I'll see what else I have in photos to share.

Can't wait to spend a night there next week! We're not big eaters, so hopefully being able to 'graze' will get it done for us. We'll probably have a biggish lunch but then head to the lounge area for a light evening meal and breakfast.

We stayed HRH Club in December just gone and loved it. The convenience of breakfast, drinks/water to go , then the evening drinks and appetizers, plus a dessert serving later in evening, we enjoyed it all. While we don't look at it at trying to add up the cost/value of each of the items we have at the club , its the overall experience , comfort, conveniences and amenities we enjoy. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

We've stayed CL at the Disney hotels and will not do so anymore due to the crazy rates and offerings that have diminished over the years. But we gave HRH a try for the FOTL access. We loved the club level and it's offerings- the staff are wonderful, food is plentiful and replenished all the time!! We're staying here in March and can't wait!! Thank you for those pictures- it made me feel like we were there!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter