Happy Birthday to Me! ~ A December 2010 PTR ADRs added

FeFeMJ

Mouseketeer
I've been reading a lot of PTR and TR's and decided I'd join in. My family will be happy about this because if I write about it.... maybe I won't want to talk to them about it so much. :rotfl2:

Note: I'm on my laptop right now and don't have access to my pictures.... but I will post some later.

The cast:

:tink:Felicia: Me, a 22 yr old student and credit union employee. Disney obsessed, but haven't been since 1995 when my grandparents took all of the grandkids.

:tigger:Patricia (Mom): Single mother.... my mom is an RN and never really got a vacation, except visiting her parents for a couple days a year.

:chewy:Jason: My brother, 27, also a credit union employee, but in a different section. He's getting married this year. So not only will we be celebrating my birthday at Disney, but also his first anniversary with....

:bride:Jodi: My best friend and my brother's future wife! She's 24 and also a credit union employee. She works in the same section as I do.

How this trip came about:
I love to travel! And I am always the instigator :cheer2: of our vacations. Until now it's always been just Jason, Jodi, and me going on them due to my Mom's work schedule. We spent a week in Atlanta 2 years ago and a week in New York this January. Due to the wedding expenses my brother and Jodi are having to cover we decided we would hold off until December 2010 for the next trip. I chose Disney and since we are planning so far in advance, my Mom's actually gonna get to go with us!

I just booked through AAA today :woohoo: and will be posting the details shortly about the trip. (I'll also be posting pictures of the 4 of us.)

List of updates:

The Who...
The Plan...
Current Restaurant Choices...
Exciting News...
Oops...
ADRs

Congratulations on booking your trip... if we can't afford next spring we may be joining you in Dec 2010!

I look forward to hearing more.popcorn::

Mom-
001.jpg

Jason-
025.jpg

Jodi-
018.jpg

Me (with Jodi)-
n1134221471_277193_9978.jpg

November 27 - Leave Pensacola and drive to Orlando to check in at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal. Go shopping/ check out the sites around Orlando. Probably have dinner at PF Changs. (We love PF Changs but there isn't one in Pensacola, so anytime we go near one we have to stop there for dinner!)
November 28 - Universal Studios and Island of Adventures (and the Harry Potter theme park for Mom, Jodi, and me.
November 29 - Check out of the Hard Rock and head to Sea World for the day. In the afternoon/evening we will be checking into our theme park view tower room at the Contemporary Resort!
November 30 - Disney...
December 1 - Disney...
December 2 - Disney... My birthday! We'll probably spend all day at Magic Kingdom and have dinner at the castle... :woohoo: :cake:
December 3 - Disney...
December 4 - Disney...
December 5 - Disney...
December 6 - Disney...
December 7 - Check out and drive home... :sad:

Things we plan on doing on the disney days (other than the rides, of course):
1) Wishes
2) Illumination
3) Fantasmic
4) The Candlelight Processional
5) Fantasmic
6) The Osbourne Christmas Lights
7) The Keys to the Kingdom Tour

We are currently planning on doing the Deluxe Dining Plan... although we are still waiting on the final word of whether the Dlx DDP will include appetizers or not for 2010. Hopefully Disney will clear that issue up soon...

Non Disney Restaurant Choices:
Medieval Times
Hard Rock Cafe
Emerils
The Makahiki Luau at Sea World

Disney Restaurants:

Breakfast:
Tusker House
Akershus
Crystal Palace
Kona Cafe

Lunch:
Sci-Fi Dine in
50's Prime Time Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Dinner:
Jiko
California Grill
Cinderella's Royal Table
Hollywood Brown Derby
Hoop-de-doo Revue
Narcoosee's

One night for dinner we'll do an Epcot restaurant with the Candlelight Processional package... would love to do Bistro de Paris, but it hasn't been one of the restaurants availible in the past.

For the rest of our meals we will be eating snacks or quick service with the remaining credits.

Well atleast it is exciting for me!

My mom just got us tickets to Beauty and the Beast when it comes to the Pensacola Saenger in April.

I've always wanted to see it, because I love the music from the show, but now I'm even more excited because it'll be a little dose of Disney before the trip!

Oops... I guess the reason you don't start a pre-trip over a year in advance is so you don't forget you have it when there's a long stretch of time when you can't really do anything for the trip. :rotfl2:

Now that I'm only 157 days away (and I stumbled upon my pre-trip report) I'll be able to post some updates of plans and things.

Since I posted the last post.....

We went to see Beauty and the Beast and it was great!!! Such a good show, wish I could've actually seen it on Broadway. If the show on broadway was anything close to The Lion King on broadway (which Jason, Jodi and I were lucky enough to see last January), I'm sure it was amazing. Of course they couldn't do all the special effects and such when they only perform it one night and then move, but it was still very nice.

Jason and Jodi got married! It was a beautiful wedding and we all had a great time! I was the maid of honor and my Mom was the best woman.
Jodi, Me, and her cousin, Libby.

The whole wedding party...

Jason and Jodi

The cakes...

Jason and I have also started the "Fit by Disney" initiative. Well, technically I started it when I started walking and eating better in order to avoid the embarassment of not fitting on any rides (not worried about any Disney rides, but IOA, US, Busch Gardens, and Seaworld roller coasters). But I think when he saw that I was being successful (I've lost 41 lbs so far) his competitive drive kicked in. :rolleyes: So he has started doing the P90 workout and then will proceed to the P90X after the first 90 days.

So almost all of our ADRS have been made. Only missing the CP package.... anxiously awaiting the narrator list so we can book!

November 29:
No ADR, but planning on going to Beaches and Cream for dinner.

November 30:
Chef Mickey's 7:35 AM
Narcoosee's 7:45 PM

December 1:
Tusker House 8:05 AM
Jiko 7:45 PM

December 2:
Akershus 8:00 AM
California Grill 9:20 PM

December 3:
Crystal Palace 8:10 AM
Cinderella's Royal Table 5:45 PM

December 4:
Sci-Fi Dine In 11:00 AM
50's Prime Time Cafe 5:45 PM

December 5:
Ohana 8:30 AM
Candlelight Processional package for dinner

December 6:
Brown Derby (Fantasmic Pkge) 3:30 PM
Artist Point 8:30 PM

December 7:
Kona 8:30 AM

:cool1: Feeling good about all the ADRs, only one that's not within 10 min of the wanted time is California Grill.... so I make keep trying to get a slightly earlier ADR, but can't go too early because that is the day we're going to La Nouba.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter