• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Happy Birthday" for Annual Pass Holders

Brooklyn

"la dolce far niente" (the sweetness of doing noth
We took my mom to DL over Labor Day Weekend for her birthday. When she was entering the park using her AP the CM said "Happy Birthday Linda." She was so excited. I never knew that it popped up on their little screen that it was your birthday. I was so excited about it too that I have made hotel reservations to return on my B-day so they can say "Happy Birthday" to me too! Oh, it is so sad the things that get me excited these days :rotfl:

Actually, you get a different sound upon entering the park! :earboy2: The sound actually changes when it is your birthday! You know that sound of a whistle! When it is your b-day, I believe it is some kind of tinkerbell wand wishes thing! :wave:

Do they still give you a birthday Sticker and a call from Goofy on your birthday? I think it is in City Hall.

Yes, you can still get a birthday sticker at City Hall! And the CM's that see it all wish you a happy birthday, and often you'll get a call from Goofy.

There is a CM (or was, not sure if he is still there) at World of Disney Store in DD that put on a whole birthday production. He did that for my nephew a couple of years ago, and it made a huge impression on all of us. Very entertaining, and of course, my nephew was on top of the world with all the attention. Sorry, I don't remember the CM's name.

If you are quick, you can take a picture of the screen wishing you a Happy Birthday.

Thanks for the tip!!! I might be going in and out of the turn styles that day until I get the shot, he he.

Hello,

i wanted to say yes that is exciting to have them say Happy Birthday at the gate for you, I get excited by that too, but i also wanted to tell you that if you go into city hall they will give a special birthday sticker to wear and you get to listen to the Special Birthday phone that is in there with a message from Goofy. What little things made me happy too, its great. i took a picture of my 7 year old listening to goofy with his sticker on, what a memory.

So when you go down on your birthday, don't forget your free sticker, then all the cast members say Happy Birthday too you all DAY!

Getting told "Happy Birthday" all day, HOW FUN!!!

On Disneyland's birthday this year as we walked down main street my best friend was wearing her birthday sticker and all the cm's that were lined up to tell everyone welcome home, sang Happy Birthday to her, it was priceless!!

For my son's birthday last year he got sung to on the Monorail over the loudspeaker as we pulled into the DTD station.

We've also been sung to on the Tea Cups, Carousal and Astro Orbitor!

Oh and as we left Blue Bayou last year for his birthday lunch, he was wearing his Prince Phillip Costume, Mickey was just leaving an autograph spot to go "backstage" and he came back over to Shawn to take a picture with him without us asking!! Shawn was so excited!!

Also, make sure and go on the Jungle Cruise for your birthday so you can hear the Birthday Song! :earboy2:

Thanks for all of the GREAT tips. I am so excited!!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter