Happy 2022 Everyone!

deno

EPCOT Addict
So....

Here we are in 2022. I've just opened up my planning spreadsheet to see where I'm at.

Hopefully we'll be touching down in Orlando on August 5th this year, a fully 5 years since we were last there. My boys will be 13 and 18, not the 11 and 16 I was hoping for before COVID. The original plan was the usual 'every 2 years' but I decided to postpone or August 2019 trip to August 2020 due to Star Wars not being open until then.

I always thought this trip would be our last big blowout as a family before our eldest wanted to spend his summer holidays with his friends. He's already said that if Florida doesn't happen he wants to go on a 'lads' holiday to the med instead of coming with us. Jeez, thanks Josh ;-)

Anyway, I'm finding it so hard to muster up the usual excitement. I usually jump onto this forum to see other people getting all ramped up for their trips and that just adds to all the build-up.

Anyone else feel their excitement levels are just not the same as previous years? What is causing it? Is it the thought of COVID restrictions potentially still being in place mid-summer? Is it all the changes that have happened in the last 2 years? I have to admit that I have stepped away from all the news that I usually devour about the parks.

Well, I just wanted to say Happy New Year to y'all and ended up rambling. Let's hope in a few months time this UK Forum is buzzing again with loads of tips and plans being shared.

Fingers crossed.....

Yes, it would be lovely to see the UK boards buzzing.....

Hopefully you`ll find that excitement soon....you have some time till August and so much will change between now and then I`m sure. Hopefully the testing will have changed by then too, but I doubt it, at least it shouldn`t be flung upon us at the last minute as it was when we were there in December....very stressful last few days!! But if that`s what it takes, then it is what it is.......roll on May for our first trip this year.

Switching off the news is a very good idea at times, although things are beginning look positive.....and I`m definitely looking forward to more positivity going forward!

And a very Happy New Year to you and your family too deno...... 🎉

Well, I've just made reservations for Drawn To Life for August. Excitement meter just went up a notch :yay:

We have DTL tickets too for August - happy to see positive reviews coming in for it on tripadvisor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter