Happy 15 Downgraded for Tokyo Disneyland Hotel Guests

steve76

Mouseketeer
It looks like Happy 15 has been renamed as "Happy Entry" and downgraded for guests of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. Guests of the Ambassador and the Miracosta can continue to use it at either park. However guests of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, along with the Toy Story Hotel and the Celebration Hotel, can only use it at Tokyo Disneyland.

I'm surprised that the TDLH has been lumped in with the value/moderate hotels, given that I thought it was the flagship? Also bummed for my upcoming trip, for which I booked the TDL Hotel. If I'd have know then it would probably have tipped the scales in favour of the Miracosta.

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/ho...tter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=220912_pr

Don't think about this from a price perspective but think from a guest flow perspective.

Most people taking the monorail from Resort Gateway station will be going to DisneySea because it's faster to walk to Tokyo Disneyland from Maihama station rather than wait for the monorail. This means that relatively few people get off which means few spaces for Tokyo Disneyland Hotel guests. And then, if Tokyo Disneyland Hotel guests take up any remaining spots, then there's no more room for guests to get on at Bayside station.

On super busy days, it also becomes nearly impossible to access Tokyo Disneyland station due to the crowds in the area. This makes getting on to the monorail from the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel even more difficult.

Since most people get off at Disneysea station in the morning and that station has two sides with more space, these issues don't exist for Miracosta. Same goes for Ambassador which is at Resort Gateway station.

Having seen these exact guest flow nightmares on max capacity days during Golden Week, I can completely understand why they would strongly prefer Tokyo Disneyland Hotel guests to start the day at Tokyo Disneyland rather than DisneySea on busy days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter