Happily Ever After

I streamed live the new fireworks at Magic Kingdom from my home. It looked amazing. Hoping to hear from some people who attended and what they thought. We will be there in September.

I thought it was amazing. Wow.

I do have a question....will the show be the same at Christmas time or does it change for the season? We are planning a late November trip, and I really want to see this.

I wish I knew that answer. My guess would be yes! I would think they save their magical Christmas fireworks for the special ticketed event nights like Disneys Very Merry Christmas Party which are available now to purchase and keep Happily Ever After for the regular nights. Ask a Disney Mom panel that question too! Have a very Magical trip. So exciting!

If I were going at Christmas and the events were different I would definitely puchase the Very Merry Christmas Party ticket to enjoy that extra holiday magic. I look forward to the answer because of my 2018 trip will be in November.

If I were going at Christmas and the events were different I would definitely puchase the Very Merry Christmas Party ticket to enjoy that extra holiday magic. I look forward to the answer because of my 2018 trip will be in November.

I don't know for certain, but that is my understanding - that they are still going to have Hallowishes and The Christmas Fireworks for the parties like in the past

I don't know for certain, but that is my understanding - that they are still going to have Hallowishes and The Christmas Fireworks for the parties like in the past
Yep at least for this year. The future who knows.

Just saw it tonight and it was amazing! They really hit a lot of great Disney moments and characters -- I especially liked the love Mulan (my favorite!) got. I feel like this show, more than wishes, is very tied between the castle projections and the fireworks -- for instance, a character would shoot an arrow which would result in the "arrow" firework being shot off. I only mention this because I feel like it wouldn't make as much "sense" if you're watching it somewhere other than in front of the castle.

That being said, I liked the original song and the new versions of the songs that were played. The Moana portion seemed to be a big hit with the crowd. I can't wait to see it again!

The videos I've seen it looks pretty fantastic, and I can't wait to see it in person. Have no IDEA how long that will be, but can't wait! :)

Everyone going to the DISBoards Anniversary - please think of me when you see it, so I can feel like I'm "there", seeing it with you. :) Thanx. :)

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but there is no cohesion to this show. We may have made fun of some of the dialog that went along with WISHES!, but at least the story line stays consistent. Happily Ever After just seems like they're projecting a wide variety of characters on the castle and the crowd caught on quick. It seemed to me as if the guests were just waiting to see if their favorite character showed up. While it may be refreshing to see Mulan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tarzan, Moana, Rescuers?, Princess and the Frog, Ratatouille, as well as moments of coordinated fog and pyro in the front of the castle, use of the tallest spire during Up! and Aladdin, it just feels like we're watching a super slow-motion video of a big kid splattering his Disney-themed LEGOS on the carpet and calling it a show.

My opinion may change seeing it in person, but as of now, cool effects-no emotion.

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but there is no cohesion to this show. We may have made fun of some of the dialog that went along with WISHES!, but at least the story line stays consistent. Happily Ever After just seems like they're projecting a wide variety of characters on the castle and the crowd caught on quick. It seemed to me as if the guests were just waiting to see if their favorite character showed up. While it may be refreshing to see Mulan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tarzan, Moana, Rescuers?, Princess and the Frog, Ratatouille, as well as moments of coordinated fog and pyro in the front of the castle, use of the tallest spire during Up! and Aladdin, it just feels like we're watching a super slow-motion video of a big kid splattering his Disney-themed LEGOS on the carpet and calling it a show.

My opinion may change seeing it in person, but as of now, cool effects-no emotion.
I disagree. You are going through the characters "Wishes" and dreams and then into your own happily ever after. I could see a little more narration helping with that but I think it's really an job well done by Disney.

I think if you know the story (and so it was helpful they had the producer on the Fisney Parks Blog prior to the show explaining it) the show makes a ton of sense

If you came in cold I can definitely feel it seeming a bit disjointed

I can honestly say I didn't even pay attention to whether there was/is a storyline or not, so I can't comment on whether it's cohesive or not. I was very pleased to see newer movies highlighted (seemed like from the Disney Renaissance on, as somebody I heard wisely commented), and some of my personal, but usually lesser-touted faves (Hunchback).

I enjoyed it for what it was (I thought some of the projections were GORGEOUSLY vibrant, and SO colorful!), and thought it was pretty spectacular, and can't wait to see it in person. I was also pleasantly surprised at how many fireworks there were, I was one of the cynical "They're going to use this to cheap out" group, and I am pleased to admit how wrong I was. :)

Doesn't make any of us right or wrong, just different perspectives, I think.

Last edited:
According to Shawn Slater (Senior Communications Manager for Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment) in a recent tweet, they are still discussing the holiday fireworks shows. So there may be hope for new ones this year...

https://twitter.com/disneyshawn/status/863515398779662336

I can honestly say I didn't even pay attention to whether there was/is a storyline or not, so I can't comment on whether it's cohesive or not. I was very pleased to see newer movies highlighted (seemed like from the Disney Renaissance on, as somebody I heard wisely commented), and some of my personal, but usually lesser-touted faves (Hunchback).

I enjoyed it for what it was (I thought some of the projections were GORGEOUSLY vibrant, and SO colorful!), and thought it was pretty spectacular, and can't wait to see it in person. I was also pleasantly surprised at how many fireworks there were, I was one of the cynical "They're going to use this to cheap out" group, and I am pleased to admit how wrong I was. :)

Doesn't make any of us right or wrong, just different perspectives, I think.
Yeah. It was lovely enough as a visual spectacle that I didn't really even think about the story. Then again, I'm old and fireworks shows with storytelling are newfangled :0)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter