"Handicapped" discounts?

6_Time_Momma

<font color=blue>Still crazy after all these years
I just found out that those who are "deaf, blind, or mentally handicapped" get a 50% discount at SeaWorld. Does anyone know if any of the other parks offer something like this?

The last time we were at Sea World was quite a while ago and we were not offered any discount.
WDW does not offer anything that I am aware of or have ever heard of.

I've never gotten a discount at Sea World and I'm in a wheelchair. why would deaf, blind and mentally handicapped get a discount and not wheelchair users.

We have gotten a Sea World Discount at the former Sea World of Ohio (never been to the Orlando one yet). I can't remember exactly what the discount was but it was substantial. We just asked at the gate if there was a handicap discount and the handicap was pretty obvious. We have gotten the discount on two separate occasions. I'm hoping that there is a discount for the Orlando Seaworld since we are planning on stopping in there this November.

LisaPooh....I don't really know, except maybe they are thinking that with deafness, blindness, and mental handicaps, it is more of sensory type deficits, so the individual would not be able to fully experience/enjoy everything, whereas someone in a wheelchair should be able to enjoy all the shows, exhibits, etc. Just a guess.

This is from the official Seaworld Orlando site ( http://www.seaworld.com/press/swfl/swflprfacts.html ):

"Admission: Adults (10 and over), $47.95 + tax; children ages 3-9, $38.95 + tax; age two and under, free. (Prices are subject to change without notice.) Discounts available for members, guests with disabilities, senior citizen and military personnel."

Wheelchairs are definitely included in the discount as we have one wheelchair adult in our family. We went once with a manual chair and then again a couple years later with a power chair and got the discount both times. Assuming it is the same now as our trip to Seaworld Ohio, I think the discount is something like half price for the handicap person and half price for the attendant (or some variation like that). Real good deal to take the bite out of being handicaped. We couldn't use any additional coupons on the first two tickets but we could use a discount coupon for our son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter