Handicapped 2 Bedroom @ OKW

KenN

Earning My Ears
Are there any 2 bedroom units at OKW with a handicapped accessible bathroom? Do they have roll in showers and hand held shower heads? Are all the handicapped units ground level? Are there any handicapped units in the new buildings with elevators? I will also post this on the DISabilities board but since this is specific to OKW I will post here too.

Yes, there are accessible 2BR villas at OKW. In buildings 11-56 they are all on the ground floor.

Buildings 62,63 and 64 have elevators so all rooms are accessible, but I don't know the extent of accessibility in those buildings.

The accessible villas do have roll-in showers and hand held shower heads. The cabinetry in the kitchen is also wheelchair accessible, with lower counters and cut out sections to allow the chair to wheel under the cabinet.

I don't have any information about the number of accessible villas or in which buildings they may be found.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, I knew I could count on you. It didn't take long either. I just finished posting on the Disabilities board and by the time I got back here I had an answer. Great. I am going to e-mail members service and/or call them. I will ask about buildings 62,63 and 64. They would be my first choice because I really enjoy the 2nd and 3rd floor units.

The word on this board is that they won't put someone in a wheelchair in the new buildings, at least not on an upper floor. The justification that apparently has been given for this is the difficulty of evacuating someone in a wheelchair in the event of a fire.

We have stayed in a second floor unit (last March) in one of the new buildings. They knew that we had a wheelchair in our party, although other people have been told that they would not be placed there.
We have reservation confirmations for March which say we request first floor or the buildings with elevators, for medical reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter