Halloween Time Extras

crazycatlady

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disneyland in November and are considering combining it with a trip to Phoenix to see my mother-in-law. If we do just DL, we would get into town on Friday October 28th and stay until Saturday, November 5th (flight leaves early that am), which would give us at least one weekend day (either Saturday 29th or Sunday 30th) to do the Halloween stuff, plus Monday, October 31st. If we piggyback a Phoenix stay at the beginning, we wouldn't get into town until sometime Sunday, October 30th and I'm not sure we would "waste" a full ticket on a half day, but could if it was advised. Is one full day on Monday, October enough to see the Halloween extras or should we allot more time? Also, I read that Space Mountain has the Hyperspace Mountain overlay (which we love) through October 31st and am afraid it will be down beginning of November to remove it, so that would be another reason to want more time up front. We also love the regular Space Mtn, so would love to be able to ride that too, just don't want it to be down the bulk of our trip. Lastly, since we leave for home on Saturday am, if we don't get into town until Sunday around 1 pm, we would not have any park days (unless we do half day on Sunday, Oct 30th) on a weekend, which I know means no firework shows, although I believe WOC still goes on. Is there anything else that we would miss having no weekend days? Are the park hours really short on the weekdays in early November?

Thanks for any help! We haven't been to DL for a number of years and are really excited to go back!

Also, I read that Space Mountain has the Hyperspace Mountain overlay (which we love) through October 31st and am afraid it will be down beginning of November to remove it, so that would be another reason to want more time up front. We also love the regular Space Mtn, so would love to be able to ride that too, just don't want it to be down the bulk of our trip.
I believe Hyperspace Mountain already ended and regular Space Mountain returned on July 5th (at least, that was the previously announced plan and I have not heard it was extended. The app does currently show regular SM not HSM.

However, there is also a potential Halloween overlay for SM called Ghost Galaxy. They didn't do it last year and there wasn't mention of it in the Halloween Time announcements this year either but who knows (personally, I'm not a fan of GG so it's ok by me if they don't do it. I LOVE Hyperspace though!).

All that said, even if there is a SM overlay, it's just ride and projection programming that they can switch in a few hours so the ride isn't usually down for more than a day, if that (was it even down at all to remove HSM a few weeks ago?). My understanding is swapping the sign out front is the most difficult part (still not super hard-and something they would have to do overnight anyway).

Much of the Halloween decor is in DCA, which will close to general ticket holders at 6pm on Halloween for Oogie Boogie Bash (already sold out). If you want to see the Halloween lights and night time decor there, you would need to go on Sunday.

Thank you to both of you for your help! I don't know where I read it would be Hyperspace through October 31st; maybe had the wrong year or park.

We do like the Guardians night overlay as well as the Carsland overlays at night, so I guess we will make sure we are there for at least Sunday, even if it is a half day.

Do they typically have fireworks on Sundays or just Fridays and Saturdays?

Do they typically have fireworks on Sundays or just Fridays and Saturdays?
Fireworks are typically Friday-Saturday-Sunday even when they are on the weekend only schedule. That said, I think they will also run them on Halloween itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter