Halloween Help

lizardlife

Earning My Ears
Our family of 4 + 2 grandparents are planning on sailing on the Oct 27, 2019 7-day Halloween on the High Seas Mexican Riviera cruise on the Wonder and I'm looking for some tips about cruising during this period.

According to the schedule, we'll be in port at Puerto Vallarta on Halloween, Oct 31. I originally thought of doing the Las Caletas Hideaway excursion because I had heard good things about it, but now I'm not sure.

Does anyone know if DCL does anything special if you're sailing on actual Halloween? And if they do, what would be on the schedule?

If ultimately decided to stay on the boat for Halloween (and any input on this idea is welcome) has anyone had any experience with the Mazatlan All inclusive Beach Resort excursion?

Anybody have any ideas of what it might be like just to walk around the Puerto Vallarta port? Day of the Dead being such a big deal in Mexico.

Please advise and thanks in advance!

It’s been a while, but we were onboard for Halloween in 2014 and my kids were disappointed that it wasn’t really anything special. They had a party in the atrium and of course decorations but that was really it. They said they would rather spend Halloween at home trick or treating from now on. As for Las Caletas, we did it and loved it. I would personally much rather do that than stay onboard for a mediocre Halloween party.

We were on the Fantasy on Halloween 2016. It happened to be the scheduled Halloween on the High Seas day. There was nothing extra special, it was the same as any other Halloween on the High Seas day on any other sailing. We were in Cozumel that day. We did a tour in the morning. The HOTHS events didn't start until around 4:30 in the afternoon.

We were on the Fantasy on Halloween 2016. It happened to be the scheduled Halloween on the High Seas day. There was nothing extra special, it was the same as any other Halloween on the High Seas day on any other sailing. We were in Cozumel that day. We did a tour in the morning. The HOTHS events didn't start until around 4:30 in the afternoon.

Thank you for the info! This helps quite a lot.

There will be trick or treating in the atrium but it will probably be scheduled after the all aboard time since it so early in Puerto Vallarta. Las Caletas is amazing! Check the jelly fish schedule as we were stung quite a bit in February.

We were on the Fantasy this past October Oct 27th-November 3rd. It was a HOTHS cruise, but the actual Halloween trick or treating and such happened on November 1st NOT the 31st which we found so odd. The 31st was pirate night I believe?? Anyway, it was a fun cruise, but to celebrate Halloween the day after was just odd.

Definitely spend the day in the port. As others have mentioned, there are decorations, trick or treating at night in the atrium, etc, but there is nothing on board ship that is worth missing the day in your port. I think that is the point though.

We were in Cozumel on Halloween last year on our PC cruise. DCL didn't do anything Halloweenish until dinner time. Then they had the trick or treating, dance parties and costume contests in the evening.

Thank you everyone for the input! Based on what y'all have said, I think we'll stick with our original plan to go to the Las Caletas Hideaway and see what we see for the Halloween stuff after (and here's hoping they decide to do all the activities on Nov 1 cuz my kids would be down for that. They'd only be 3 and 6 so too young to know much about dates)

If you look at Navigators of cruises before yours when the Halloween cruises begin, you will be able to figure out which day the Halloween stuff will be on. Each cruise itinerary does the same thing each day of the week no matter the date. For example in 2016 the HOTHS day on the Fantasy Western Caribbean was always on Day 3 Cozumel day. On my cruise, that day just happened to be actual Halloween. For 2018 the HOTHS day on the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean was always on Day 6 Sea Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter