Halloween Fancy Dress

Wellard Stallard

Groovy DIS Chick with Attitude
Hi

I am trying to sort out my costume for MNSSHP and just wanted to know will I be able to buy a broomstick from a supermarket over in Florida. I have just about everything else but I don't want to cart a broomstick out with me LOL.

Thanks in advance

LOL Paula :) !! Sounds like one that someone in US could answer - I'll ask around :)

Edit: Just a thought - I'm wondering if it would be allowed into the Magic Kingdom? I'll try to check that too.

LOL!!:p
I think I have an idea of your costume. You should have no problem finding a broom, Wal-Mart carries many different varieties.

Paula,

I presume you're going as a Witch, but did you think of any other ideas? DW and I are going on Friday 11th October but we can't think of anything to go as without it involving a mask or warm costume and we don't want to melt in the heat :) . By the way we're a 'young' 40 and 37, so we don't mind how silly we look, or at least I don't :teeth:

Ian & Judith

Hi Ian and Judith

I thought it appropriate I go as a witch as it is my birthday on halloween!! However me and my DD did have other ideas such as angels/fairies/she devils/flower power hippies!/50's Rock n Roll/disney characters - the latter being too difficult to make - we wanted something easy to do. I can be quite fussy when it comes to fancy dress I like to be prepared before I go. There is a website I found which was very helpful - www.simplyfancydress.co.uk Hope this helps.

Good luck!!
Luv

Hi folks,

have you checked that fancy dress is allowed in the park, because i know that US do not allow it for their HHN, cos they can't tell who are cast or guests, though they do have some brilliant face painting artists, and they can do photos once you've had it done. I believe this is the same at MK, it would definately be worth checking before you go.

I would hate to see you go to all the troble to find a brilliant cossie, then find when you get there you're not allowed to wear it!, Especially if you have kids dressing up as well

Have a great trip, and a super birthday :jester:

Regards

Raksha

Fancy dress is definately allowed at MNSSHP :)

My one comment is to just say that whilst a broomstick is gonna look good to start with, you have to lug it around with you all night, and obviously you can't take it on the rides with you so you'll have to find someone to look after it if neccessary.

The weather will most likely be warm, but I don't recall it being oppressivly warm - and I do recall seeing a whole family dressed in all-in-one furry Dalmation costumes, so don't think it'll be that bad if you did decide to go in costume :)

Penny

Hi

Thanks Raksha and Penny for your input - Penny I assume you have double checked (LOL). My costume is certainly not heavy it is made of very thin material. I'm even going to wear a witches wig!! I will only be making a raggy skirt (a very simple one!) I have a black gypsy type top with short sleeves (very cool I hope) My SIL will be lending me a cape she had made for a fancy dress which I don't mind wearing. I have thought about the weather but am hoping it will be cooler in the evening. I'll assess it on the night. Either way I hope everything goes according to plan. I will enjoy my Birthday no matter what!!!!

Thanks again guys

Paula, you will have a blast for your birthday! Between MNSSHP & the Christmas MVMCP, I actually by far preferred the all round fun party atmosphere of Halloween.

Don't miss the headless horseman galloping the parade route about 10-15 minutes before the parade starts (it's announced over the speakers when it happens), ride the rides during the first parade and wait to watch the 2nd later one, don't miss the fireworks as these are bigger and better than the regular FITS and is mirror imaged in about 6 displays all around the outside of the park...and throughout the night you get free candy too! ;)

Penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter