Halloween at the fort

doombuqqy

DIS Veteran
We have been down every year in Sept. or Oct. but never the week of Halloween (it is a huge event at my house every year, my neighborhood kids will be disappointed this year). We always decorate when we come but I have been reading a few threads where kids trick o treat and they have games and stuff (searched threads to 2007) We will be there on Halloween this year (for the shuttle launch) and would love to know what all will be going on and what loops to look for. I saw it was 700 and 800's but I didn't know if that had changed when they updated the sites. I would love to see pictures if anyone has some. I can't wait:banana: Looking for any info about Halloween at the Fort. Thanks

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. The Halloween activities at FW are not confined to any loop. If you are asking about trick or treating, you will find the most activity in the 400-800 loop area, but campers on all of the loops participate, and the 1600-1900 full hook up loops will have a lot of activity too.

Here are two threads with reports about Halloween activities at FW from last year and the year before:

Halloween 2009 at the Fort!

Halloween 2008 at the Fort

There are a few pictures on these threads, too.

TCD

The Fort has many planned activities. You will get a list of what's going on when you check in. Some of the things I know they have include:

Site Decorating Contest.

Pumpkin Carving Contest.

Golf Cart Parade.

Trick or Treating.

Last year was really crazy because Halloween was on a Saturday night. I have never seen so many kids as I did in 2009. AuburnJen92 & I had about 50lbs of candy between us, and it was gone in less than an hour. We saw some GREAT costumes and some wild people.

The campers go all out with decorations, so pack up all your stuff and bring it with you. The tackier the better!!

I hope you have a great trip!! You'll never want to stay home for Halloween ever again! Happy Fortin'!!

I was mailed a list today of the activities over Halloween this year. haven't looked at it yet though so don't know if there is anything new yet.

I was mailed a list today of the activities over Halloween this year. haven't looked at it yet though so don't know if there is anything new yet.

What's that?

You have the 2010 schedule?

Please share!

The 2008 and 2009 schedules were identical:

2008:

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

2009:

2009HalloweenSchedule.jpg

Has anything changed for 2010?

I noticed that dodgeball has been dropped as a normal Fort activity- so I wouldn't be surprised to see creepy dodgeball go.

Also, the Fort has added activities that they charge a fee for- like making a t-shirt and an ice cream party- I wouldn't be surprised to see Halloween versions of these.

If you have a 2010 Halloween schedule, please tell us what, if anything, is new!

Thanks!

TCD

I received an activity schedule in today's mail. Here's what we can expect:

Great job, Melissa!

Thank you for sharing!

I have never seen this schedule released so early!

You must have some good connections at the Fort.

It looks like there are a few minor changes (no dodge ball, new movies, new t-shirt activity, tatoos), and one big one.

Look how they are saying the camp or treat is supposed to end at 7:30. In previous years the official end time wasn't until 9 pm. It looks like they are going to try to crack down on the craziness. But 7:30? That seems a bit early to me. It will barely be dark by 7:30. :confused3

Should be interesting.

TCD

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. The Halloween activities at FW are not confined to any loop. If you are asking about trick or treating, you will find the most activity in the 400-800 loop area, but campers on all of the loops participate, and the 1600-1900 full hook up loops will have a lot of activity too.

Here are two threads with reports about Halloween activities at FW from last year and the year before:

Halloween 2009 at the Fort!

Halloween 2008 at the Fort

There are a few pictures on these threads, too.

TCD

Thank you so much for the information

The Fort has many planned activities. You will get a list of what's going on when you check in. Some of the things I know they have include:

Site Decorating Contest.

Pumpkin Carving Contest.

Golf Cart Parade.

Trick or Treating.

Last year was really crazy because Halloween was on a Saturday night. I have never seen so many kids as I did in 2009. AuburnJen92 & I had about 50lbs of candy between us, and it was gone in less than an hour. We saw some GREAT costumes and some wild people.

The campers go all out with decorations, so pack up all your stuff and bring it with you. The tackier the better!!

I hope you have a great trip!! You'll never want to stay home for Halloween ever again! Happy Fortin'!!
I am so excited, my neigbors at home will be dissapointed if I am never home for Halloween again, but I think you are right I wall want to be at the Fort every year!

I received an activity schedule in today's mail. Here's what we can expect:

DSC07188.jpg

DSC07189.jpg

WOW you are both very lucky, THANK YOU for sharing.

Look how they are saying the camp or treat is supposed to end at 7:30. In previous years the official end time wasn't until 9 pm. It looks like they are going to try to crack down on the craziness. But 7:30? That seems a bit early to me. It will barely be dark by 7:30. :confused3

Should be interesting.

TCD

I thought the same thing. why end it so early??? that means the kiddies will trick-or-treat before they have an opportunity to eat dinner and their fun time is limited.

I thought the same thing. why end it so early??? that means the kiddies will trick-or-treat before they have an opportunity to eat dinner and their fun time is limited.

I think trying to end trick-or-treating at 7:30 is going to be bad.

Halloween night is when all of the decorations are finally in place, and campers pull out all the stops. The decorated sites are best viewed at night (strobe lights, black lights, fog machines, etc.). It isn't even going to be good and dark until 7 pm. And then they want everybody to stop trick-or-treating at 7:30? I know that they want to cut down on the craziness, but this is not the way to do it.

Also, it seems like they are emphasizing registering for Camp-or-Treating. We did register on our first Halloween, but most people didn't. There really is no point in registering. They don't provide a list of who registered. They give you a sign printed on a plain piece of paper, but the folks giving out treats just sit out in their sites, so a sign isn't necessary.

It seems like they are making a half-hearted effort to try to control the trick-or-treating situation.

TCD

I think trying to end trick-or-treating at 7:30 is going to be bad.

Halloween night is when all of the decorations are finally in place, and campers pull out all the stops. The decorated sites are best viewed at night (strobe lights, black lights, fog machines, etc.). It isn't even going to be good and dark until 7 pm. And then they want everybody to stop trick-or-treating at 7:30? I know that they want to cut down on the craziness, but this is not the way to do it.

Also, it seems like they are emphasizing registering for Camp-or-Treating. We did register on our first Halloween, but most people didn't. There really is no point in registering. They don't provide a list of who registered. They give you a sign printed on a plain piece of paper, but the folks giving out treats just sit out in their sites, so a sign isn't necessary.

It seems like they are making a half-hearted effort to try to control the trick-or-treating situation.

TCD

It sounds silly to me too. I don't think they are going to be succesful with that, everyone is going to be out and about looping and looking at decorations:3dglasses. Talk about rushing to get back to the campgrounds if you have little ones so they can trick or treat before the clock strikes 7:30:scared1:? I know if we still have candy will will be handing it out until it's gone or no more trick or treaters. By the way we recieved our Activities guide in the mail too!:banana:

We got our schedule in the mail today so hopefully they are sending out schedules to all who have reservations.

I've never been to the Fort for Halloween but I don't think that the 7:30 ending time for Trick or Treating will be followed by too many people. It will still be light at that time and I think a lot of Trick or Treaters will just be getting started. We plan to set up the candy bucket and hang out for the duration. :)

Jeanne

There was an incredible amount of beer drinking last year on Halloween at the Fort. IIRC I saw a pregnant nun too.

We got our schedule in the mail today :) So excited :banana:

Thats good to know because I have been stressing about this - we are checking in ON Halloween so I don't see how we'd register by 12:00 - will we even have a site number by then?? :confused3 We are planning to check in in the early AM then go out and be back by 2 or 3 to set up. So the 12:00 thing really doesn't work for us ...

Well it sounds like most people are going to be giving out candy until it's gone, not 7:30. It has started getting dark around 7:00 here (Pensacola) so it will probably be good and dark aound 6:00 ish in a month. All I know is I love Halloweenprincess:, I LOVE the Fort:cloud9:, and I love my :grouphug:DIS board family= lots of fun! I can't wait.

Bring lots, lots of candy. Last year we were in the 400 loop and went through about 40-50 lbs of candy. See you all there

Yep, we also went through at least that much candy too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter