The Cast
Me – Julie – 47
DH – John – 51
DS1 - Mark - 28
DS2 – Lewis – 18

Pre-trippie
Day 1
Day 2

**I forgot to say that we picked up the shopping we'd bought earlier at our hotel boutique when we got back last night. They are always very through in checking that you have all the items and that none are damaged. Great service**

Day 3

Thursday 20 October

Last day :(

I slept really well. I've noticed the beds and pillows are more comfortable than what I remember. When the alarm went off at 7am, even I hesitated for a moment to wonder if we should do EMT. I was absolutely exhausted, but then I remembered that we were in Disneyland Paris and that tomorrow I'd be wishing I was back. I was soon up, woke the boys and we were on our way to Disneyland Park for EMT. John stayed for a lie in and we said we'd back around 10 to get organised and check out.

The queue was again very busy. With the Disneyland Hotel renovations going on, the entry is to the left of the hotel. We got through just after opening at 8:30. The plan was to go for Buzz first - we couldn't believe we were on our last day and hadn't done it yet. On the way I checked at the Story Book store to see if it was open to get the Monopoly I wanted - it wasn't open yet. Not wanting to linger in Main St, we headed up Main St and into Discovery Land.

Buzz was showing a 5 minute wait which was a walk on.

P1030416.JPG

P1030417.JPG

Next up we headed to Fantasyland to try for Peter Pan. It had rained overnight and was still dull this morning. But it wasn't cold, in fact I was already too warm with my hoodie on.

P1030418.JPG

P1030420.JPG

Peter Pan already had a 30 min wait so we didn't wait. The boys didn't really want to do anything else in Fantasyland, except of course the sword in the stone, lol.

Lewis is happy that they don't have Maleficent's bramble/dragon here anymore.

P1030421.JPG

P1030422.JPG

We used the pathway from the side of the castle beside the Snow White shop, to get back to the hub - so quiet and saves battling through everyone inside the castle.

Lovely views of the castle from this side.

P1030423.JPG

P1030424.JPG

P1030426.JPG

More lovely spinning things around the hub

P1030430.JPG

P1030432.JPG

Having been away for 3 years, I kind of forgot that BTM was open during EMT. We strolled into Frontierland but as predicted was already very busy. We weren't too bothered as we'd already been on this.

IMG_0222.JPG

P1030434.JPG

The boys wanted to try for Space Mountain so we just went back to Discoveryland. I think when doing EMT you need to kind of pick a land and stick with it unless you're fast off the mark. Also, I might have missed this, but I didn't see anywhere on the app a list of what's open during EMT - not that it really matters, but would he helpful for new visitors. I think maybe the individual ride details may show opening times, but not the list like they used to. It wasn't on the hotel info we got.

So, into Discoveryland and Space Mountain had a 10 minute wait.

P1030438.JPG

I was initially going to wander and take some photos but Buzz incredibly still had a 5 min wait time so I hopped back inside.

IMG_0122.JPG

It was more like 10 minutes, but wasn't too bad.

I met up with the boys who'd had a great time on Space Mountain. They said it was actually a walk on

IMG_0293.JPG

Lewis loved all these Buzz's stacked up in the shop

IMG_0234.JPG

We headed back through Discovery Arcade and I was going to try Flora's for the Monopoly. As we approached CM's were at the door with the Monopoly so I was one happy girl :)

I got my shareholder discount and had the gift card I'd forgotten about which made the cost less of a sting, lol.

It was time to head back to the hotel now and Mickey was waving from the station.

IMG_E6754.JPG

Back off through the village the boys grabbed a Starbucks and soon we were back at the hotel to get our bags sorted.

We left our luggage at the left luggage area and were soon our way to enjoy our last day

We had the last wee knock on the Salon Mickey door for this visit.

IMG_0033.JPG

It was a bit busier this morning and we had to wait for a table. We enjoyed our breakfast and were soon into the park. It was about 11:15 now.

P1030440.JPG

P1030441.JPG

P1030442.JPG

P1030444.JPG

P1030445.JPG

Into Frontierland now via Liberty Arcade and first stop was Phantom Manor. There was no wait time posted but it looked very, very busy. The queue was right back outside. But, everything was busy so we just decided to wait. It turned out to be about 25 minutes which wasn't bad.

P1030448.JPG

The sun was really shining now and BTM looked gorgeous.

P1030447.JPG

EUSD5214.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_0312.JPG

Lewis has always liked the shops in Frontierland so we had a mooch around here for a while.

P1030449.JPG

Off through to Adventureland now, King Louie and Baloo were meeting. It's nice to see so many meets around the parks.

P1030451.JPG

P1030452.JPG

P1030453.JPG

Pirates had a wait time of 25 minutes but as we had nothing else we desperately wanted to do, we headed in. It actually went quite quickly despite the queue being all the way outside.

P1030454.JPG

Back towards the hub now, Stitch has a nice wee meet and greet area.

P1030456.JPG

We decided to pay a last visit to the Studios.

P1030455.JPG

A quick visit to the Story Book store on our way

P1030457.JPG

IMG_6760.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

All rides were busy again here today. I think the Studios is still so, so busy because they've lost the big capacity venues such as the stunt show and Cinemagique.

No surprise we wanted to have a last wee visit to our favourite rat :lovestruc

IMG_0274.JPG

Ready for a seat and a drink we found a table outside Bistro Chez Remy. Unfortunately they weren't doing outside bar service. We had some drinks in our bag so enjoyed the sun for a wee while.

IMG_6761.JPG

IMG_6762.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG

Nicely refreshed, we headed for the single rider line showing a 10 minute wait. It was of course actually a walk on :rotfl2:The boys were in the same rat and so were John and I. We actually ended up sitting beside each other because the family already in the queue wanted to sit 3 in the front. :)

It was a round 2pm now. The boys went off in the direction of Avengers and we had a stroll to decide what to do.

I noticed that Mickey and the Magician had lots of people in the queue area so I asked the CM what time the next show was. It was in 10 minutes time so we headed in.

We got really good seats in the middle section right at the back.

IMG_6763.JPG

Well, it was good seats until a lovely wee family came in and the mum sat in front of me with Mickey ears on.....I'm not the kind of person to ask to take them off but it did really spoil my view so I swapped seats with John half way through. Please take your ears off if you're sitting in a theatre!!

The show was fantastic as always. We hadn't planned at all in seeing it so it felt even better because it was unexpected.

We met up with the boys, they'd enjoyed Avengers Flight Force again without too much of a wait.

IMG_0153.JPG

We decided to take a wander through the shops.

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_E6765.JPG

They definitely had some difference merchandise at the Studios. Mark got a nice hoodie and I got some candle tealight holders that I'd been looking for.

Back over the Disneyland Park now, for our early dinner reservation.

Despite the ongoing renovations, the Disneyland Hotel still shines brightly in the sun.

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

P1030468.JPG

P1030469.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

Time now for our reservation at Plaza Gardens.

P1030471.JPG

We were seated quickly and it was still quite busy in here despite being the end of lunch service. We didn't choose the evening service because we had to be picked up at the hotel at 18:30.

I liked the placemats - again it's the little things.....

IMG_6768.JPG

There was a decent selection here. I enjoyed salmon, rice, stewed steak amazing mickey shaped potato heads, lol and some other bits. I was a bit disappointed with the dessert selection - some of which I'd remembered from last time but nothing amazing. The others filled up ok but said it hadn't been as good as last time. It's a hit or a miss I think but I'm sure we'll try it again at some point.

Whilst in here, our niece messaged me to say that they had been in the Studios and had to be evacuated as the whole of the Studios had lost power.

Full up, we left here and decided to head back through the shops and into the hotel. The parks were really so busy, it's never fun on the last day when you know you need to be back at a certain time. Some final pictures.

P1030470.JPG

P1030476.JPG

P1030475.JPG

IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

Bye, bye Disneyland Paris :love:

We took our time through the Village. I wonder if this will be my last photo of Planet Hollywood? Will be interested to see what they put in its place.

P1030477.JPG

P1030478.JPG

So sad to see Cafe Mickey empty - we made some fabulous memories in there....

P1030480.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

All feeling a bit tired we had some time to kill before our transfer to the airport. After a wee look around the hotel shop, we found a comfy seat in the Bleecker St lounge.

IMG_6769.JPG

IMG_E6773.JPG

P1030482.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

The boys had a beer, John a coke and I got a caramel latte. I think it was called a Strange Brew or something, lol. We liked the glasses in here and said if you could buy them in the shop we definitely would have.

IMG_6772.JPG
IMG_E6771.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

Refreshed and still with time to spare we had a wander around the hotel to Gramercy Park.

P1030484.JPG

The Marvel Design studio for kids with some videos and drawing activities.

P1030485.JPG

And outside to the hero training area

P1030486.JPG

The boys had fun here for a while. You ask at the swimming pool reception for the basketball.

P1030503.JPG

P1030504.JPG

Outside pool section was closed, but still looked lovely.

P1030500.JPG

Time now to get our luggage. Thank goodness the taxi is still outside, lol

KAFI7930.JPG

Last edited:
Our car from Ezyshuttle was waiting for us as planned and we were soon on our way to the airport. Big changes at terminal 2B, it's massive....

With just hand luggage we were quickly upstairs and into security which was actually quite quick. Lots of lines open. There are lots of shops and places to eat now which is a huge improvement. Hearing horror stories of people getting delayed at passport control, we decided to got through as it was empty when we got there.

We settled down with some drinks to wait for our flight. Time went quite quickly and it was good to see the updates with plug sockets and usb connections. Also a few playstation areas and a couple of shops.

Flight took off slightly late as they were waiting on fuel to be delivered, but we made up time during the flight and were in Edinburgh on time. Our pick up was waiting on us and we got home around 12:30 UK time, 01:30 Disney time :faint:

Final thoughts

Once again we had a fantastic time. The Hotel New York updates are really good, we loved it there (hotel review coming up on a separate thread)

The parks were incredibly busy, I don't think I've ever seen it so busy, even in high summer season. But, it was manageable, I think you just need to adjust your expectations. You're not going to get every single ride done multiple times, but if you focus on the things you really want to do, then anything else is a bonus.

Personally, I just love being there. I adore Main St, the shops and enjoying the atmosphere around. Probably because we've done the rides so many times over the years, they are not always top of the list. I feel so lucky that we still have access to Salon Mickey - love this perk.

This time round we wanted to see the new Avengers area, which was really well done. I still think there needs to be some high capacity venues in the Studios as it does seem very cramped in some sections. Mickey and the Magician was great again as was our favourite rat - single rider every time, lol.

Costs have definitely increased. I think we paid more for this trip than any other we've ever had. We enjoyed the Hotel New York and the Disneyland Hotel in years gone by because of the offers there have been historically such as 40% off and free half board meal plans. I'd love to think these will return one day, but I don't think it'll be any time soon. We've been AP holders in the past but at the moment with the park reservation system, I don't think we'll be renewing. I

As much as we loved the Hotel New York, it's incredibly difficult to justify the costs. All Disney hotels are expensive and I suppose you're paying for the ultimate perk of being within walking distance to the parks and having EMT. We will always choose on-site for this reason. I do not want to spend my time factoring in bus waiting times or jostling to get on a bus. I also enjoy being able to take time out during the day and wandering back to the hotel for a couple of hours. I know we would be unlikely to do this if off-site (we have stayed off-site once) so I accept that I'll pay more to stay at Disney.

Anyway, we had a really fantastic time again. My desire to go back never goes away so I'm sure we'll be there again before too long :love:

The swag:

30th Anniversary coin that's available from the various coin machines throughout the parks and village. We got this from the first shop in the village beside Annette's because we didn't have the correct change. 3E

P1030505.JPG

Beautiful Starbucks 30th Anniversary mug. Available only in the Starbucks stores, we got this from the Village. It wasn't in the general display cabinet, but was at the counter when we asked, 24.99E

P1030507.JPG

Lovely Mickey mugs from the Sketchbook range - been out a few years I think. Seen these in various places, we got 2 of these from World of Disney - 5E

P1030509.JPG

Glasses from the same range. These are the same kind of glasses as the Ratatoullie ones we had previously. They have a really good weight to them. We got 4 of these, 5E

P1030512.JPG

Lovely tray from the same range - 20E

P1030517.JPG

And finally from this range, the tea towels - 10E

P1030518.JPG

Beautiful Minnie mug from a range I've not seen before. Also had matching plates, bowls and randomly a flan dish! I think this was 10E

P1030510.JPG

P1030511.JPG

Really nice Bic pens with the 30th Anniversary design. I actually don't know how much these were - the box doesn't have a price and I can't find the receipt....

P1030513.JPG

Hotel New York pin - I actually wanted a magnet but didn't like the one they had, so Mark talked me into buying this. He said he'll snap off the pin bits and stick a magnet on it. I wonder how long that will take, lol. Anyway I really like the design as it's the same as the Hotel sign.

IMG_E7185.JPG

I also searched everywhere for the 30th Anniversary magnet but it's sold out. I have the 20th and 25th and would really have liked to get the new one. Ebayers are selling it for an absolute fortune so maybe I need another visit once I find out it's in stock.....

And finally, the Monopoly. This was 70E :eek::eek::eek::eek:, but I'd already talked myself into it. I got shareholders discount and had a gift card, so with a bag worked out at 42.50E....not quite as bad

IMG_7186.JPG

That's all folks :wave2:

Link to our hotel review

Last edited:
Loved the report, looks like you had a great time; thanks for sharing. I didn't know there is a Disneyland Paris Monopoly!.

I really need to get another trip booked, its been 10 yrs since my last. I was going to take my niece last year when she finished her GCSE's but Covid made it impossible, then this year was looking at going as she finished college end of July but transport was over half the cost of the hotel even driving wasn't cheap, miss my uncle working for Eurotunnel and going for cheap prices :rotfl2: Hoping there will be some sort of deal next year

Loved the report, looks like you had a great time; thanks for sharing. I didn't know there is a Disneyland Paris Monopoly!.

I really need to get another trip booked, its been 10 yrs since my last. I was going to take my niece last year when she finished her GCSE's but Covid made it impossible, then this year was looking at going as she finished college end of July but transport was over half the cost of the hotel even driving wasn't cheap, miss my uncle working for Eurotunnel and going for cheap prices :rotfl2: Hoping there will be some sort of deal next year
Thank you, glad you enjoyed reading along.

I hope you manage to get back soon - so many changes in the last 10 years I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Thanks so much for the trip report! That was fantastic!

My husband and I are going for the first time in late November. Do you have any advice for us?

You're also making me rethink taking the train. We will be taking a train from London to Paris and then we were just going to take another train to DLP, and then do a train to the airport to head home. But now I'm kind of thinking that maybe we should do a car service...

Thanks so much for the trip report! That was fantastic!

My husband and I are going for the first time in late November. Do you have any advice for us?

You're also making me rethink taking the train. We will be taking a train from London to Paris and then we were just going to take another train to DLP, and then do a train to the airport to head home. But now I'm kind of thinking that maybe we should do a car service...

Advice I suppose is to be prepared for changing weather. We were incredibly lucky with our weather but we’ve experienced very cold and wet conditions before that can really impact your trip if you’re not prepared. Shoes in particular! Always have a second pair and if it looks like it will be cold go for warm boots. Nothing worse than soggy or cold feet.

Re the train going back to the airport. Lots of people do this as it’s easier to work out times. We haven’t done it, really because there’s usually more than two of us and cost wise is not much cheaper to use the car service. I think it totally depends on how many people and if your luggage is manageable.

Have a lovely time :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter